The United States Air Force (the Government) intends to issue a Firm-Fixed-Price Purchase order to a single source, Sage Publishing, under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b)(1)(i) (only one source reasonably available) on or about 15 May 2018. This order's period of performance (PoP) shall be perpetual access from effective date.
Size Standard: 1000 employees
Subscription name: Sage Deep Backfile and IMechE Archives
Supplier name: Sage Publishing
Sage Deep Backfile provides access to approximately 550 journal titles (over 800,000 articles). This includes difficult-to-locateresearch material in older volumes of technical journals, with coverage for allvolumes published during or before 1998.
IMechE Archives provides access to approximately 18 journal volumes published during or before 1998 in mechanical engineering design and practice. They are provided digitally on behalf of The Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
See the attached list of Backfiles and Archives being procured in this acquisition.
Product characteristics an equal item must meet to be considered:
• Full-text online access over the world-wide web to specific journal subscriptions in a wide variety of topics in science, engineering, and management. (See attached spreadsheets for list of all required journals)
• IP authentication to all material subscribed (institutional multi-user, single geographic location subscription).
• Search function to locate articles in the web portal.
• All graphical figures and citations of the original full-text article must be available within the digital document (object) that stands for that article.
• Librarian-accessible usage data for article downloads.
This notice of intent is not a request for competitive quotations. However, all responsible sources may submit a capability statement, proposal, or quotation, which shall be considered by the Government. The Government will consider responses received within 5 days of issuance of this notice. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct a full and open competitive procurement or a small business set asidecompetitive procurement. The Government will not pay for any information received in response to this announcement.
If the Government decides to compete this requirement, a synopsis shall be issued utilizing the combined synopsis/solicitation procedure identified in FAR 12.603. If this effort becomes a Small Business Set-Aside, FAR 52.219-14, Limitation on Subcontracting, will apply. Therefore, small businesses that want to be considered for a small business set-aside should demonstrate how they intend to comply.
A determination not to compete this requirement based upon responses to thisnotice is solely within the discretion of the Government.
Contractors should be aware of the following information:
1. Contractors must include the following information:
a. Points of contact, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers.
b. Identification as a large U.S. business, a small U.S. business, or a foreign business. Please note that size indicated should be based on the NAICS code for this effort listed above.
c. Identification of any other socioeconomic status including: Women-Owned Small Business, Economically Disadvantaged Small Business, 8(a), Service DisabledVeteran Owned Small Business, Veteran Owned Small Business or HUBZone.
d. Company CAGE Code or DUNS Number.
2. In your response, you must address how your product meets the product characteristics specified above.
3. Submitted information shall be UNCLASSIFIED.
4. Responses are limited to 10 pages in a Microsoft Word compatible format.
Responses should be emailed to Nicole Cantrell at email@example.com and Joelynn Laux at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 01 May 2018, 2:00 PM EST. Any questions should be directed to Nicole Cantrell through email.