OVERSEAS BUDGET AND FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY ADVISORS
The Budget and Financial Accountability program within the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Technical Assistance is competitively recruiting individuals to serve as resident (long-term) and intermittent (short-term) advisors in the areas of budgeting and financial management. Advisors provide support primarily to ministry of finance governmental officials in developing countries.
Advisors are hired under personal services contracts. This recruitment is for assignments globally: requiring living overseas or significant international travel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide policy andtechnical advice on budget formulation and budget execution.
• Designbudget organizations including staffing patterns and job descriptions.
• Draft and implement new laws, regulations, standards and manuals applicableto budget formulation and budget execution and control.
• Design and implement new processes for both manual and automated systems, such as budget formulation, multi-year budgeting, medium term expenditure frameworks, monitoring revenues and expenditures against budget, appropriation control including recording of encumbrances and commitments, monthly / quarterly allotments and spendingplans.
• Develop and implement budget and accounting transaction classifications (chart of accounts) which enhance transparency and internal management reporting.
• Design management reports for improved communication of financial information and enhanced budget control.
• Improve the presentation of the annual budget documents to provide greater clarity and transparency of government spending priorities.
• Demonstrate budget analysis techniques and incorporation of better forecasting methodologies into the budgetprocess.
• Coach and mentor government counterparts on roles and responsibilities in a professional budget office.
• Organize and perform on-the-job and classroom training in budgeting and related areas.
• BA in business, accounting, finance or public administration or related field required with Masters preferred
• 5+ years in a financial leadership position in a budget department instate or large-sized local government. Experience in developing countries will be viewed positively
• Strong knowledge and understanding of budget management systems, the relationship of budget to other financial processes, best practices and a variety of budgeting disciplines such as performance and programbudgeting.
• Proficient in use of personal computers and MS Office Products and general office equipment
• Self-starter with ability to work independently and with confidentiality
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to motivate the client and build consensus
• Ability to be flexible by changing focus and approaches based on needs of the client
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Knowledge of international financial institutions and their policies and practices is desirable
• Proficiency in French, Spanish or otherlanguages is highly desirable
Candidates must be U.S. citizens.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salaries will be negotiated in accordance with program regulations based on demonstrated salary history. The salary ranges are from $64.59 to $83.57 per hour. Overseas benefits are provided as allowed by federal regulations.
BACKGROUND CHECKS AND SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET.
Theadvisor will work in developing and transitional countries worldwide to supportU.S. Treasury and U.S. Government economic and national security objectives. The advisor may be deployed to countries with elevated threat levels, including potentially high/critical threat posts, as determined by the U.S. Government.
Successful applicants must be able to obtain State Department medical clearance for worldwide travel. If selected, the applicant will be required to complete OGE financial disclosure forms.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Office of Technical Assistance
ATTN: Recruitment Coordinator
1750 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20006
If applying by email, submit documents to email@example.com ONLY. For consideration, emailed applications must not be sent, or contain a Cc, to any OTA, IRS, or other government personnel or email address.
Please reference Solicitation 2032K819R00004 on your cover letter and resume. When e-mailing, the subject line must contain the following: Solicitation 2032K819R00004 -Budget (Budgeting) Advisors - Applicant's Last Name, First Name. Emails received not containingthis subject line will be deemed non-responsive, and thus, will not be forwarded to the program office/selection official(s) for consideration.
Please be advised that all contractors, if hired, must obtain a Data Universal Number (D-U-N-S). Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please and no hand carries. This announcement is open and continuous until June 30, 2019 although selections may be made in advance ofthat date.
The U.S. Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer