THIS ORIGINAL MARKET SURVEY WAS POSTED ON THE FAA'S CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITIES WEBSITE (FAACO.FAA.GOV). IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS FROM ANOTHER SOURCE, THE INFORMATION MAY NOT CONTAIN ALL PERTINENT INFORMATION.1. Introduction/PurposeThe FAA Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center is currently seeking an energy optimizing program to interface with our current Building Automation system. This product should be able to do the following but not limited to:
• Interface with JCI Metasys 8.0 using MS/TP and industrial standard BACNet protocol and BACNet over IP protocol
• Provide RS485 and N2 Communication
• Meet all FAA ISS (Information systems security) requirements
• Provide comprehensive strategic energy planning, reporting and auditing
• Provide detailed HVAC reports for building equipment optimization
• Store 5 years of data
• Have minimum of 3 years of proven product field experience• Provide a non-cloud base server (server must be installed on-site in MMAC data center)
• Provide a minimum of 3 year warranty for equipment and 1 year labor
• Provide three 4 hour on-site training classes on system operation and troubleshooting
• Deliver real-time customized energy dashboards and utility scorecards to managers and customers
• Provide on-site demonstrations or web conference
2. Nature of CompetitionThe acquisition strategy for this procurement has not been determined at this time. Based on market survey results, the FAA may request vendor demonstrations to assist in determining the acquisition strategy. The FAA will schedule vendor demonstrations based on responses to this market survey as specified in Section 6 below.The results of the market survey and/or vendor demonstrations will determine whether competition will be full-and-open or set-aside for small businesses, service-disabled veteran owned small businesses, or eligible socially and economically disadvantaged businesses that are certified by the Small Business Administration (SBA) for participation in the SBA’s 8(a) Program.
3. Standard Language(a) This is not a Screening Information Request (SIR), Request for Proposals (RFP), or Request for Quote (RFQ) of any kind;(b) The FAA is not seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals;(c) The FAA will not pay for any information received or costs incurred in preparing the response to the market survey; and(d) Any costs associated with the market survey submittal is solely at the interested vendor’s expense
4. North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) CodeNAICS CODE Description Size Standard511210 Software Publishing $38.5M
5. Submittal Requirements for Market SurveyCriterion 1 - Proposed Solution – Provide a brief summary of your solution toprovide an energy optimizing program that interfaces with the FAA’s current building automation system.
Criterion 2 - Server – The server to be used for this project will be installed at the MMAC data center and installed by the MMAC Information Technology Group. If the provider cannot provide a server at the MMAC data center then the provider shall provide a brief description of the proposed type of server that will meet the technical automation requirements in section six of the SOW. Specifically to include FedRAMP certification for a cloud based server.
Criterion 3 – Estimated Cost – Provide an estimated cost for each of the bullet points below.• Provide a cost estimate for annual cloud based maintenance• Hardware installation• Programming• Service updates• Security updates
Criterion 4 – Databases – Provide an estimated number of databases required for the system.
6. Delivery of SubmittalsALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE THE DUE DATE OF: April 19, 2018 at 2:00 P.M. CT. All responses must address Criterions 1-4 in Section 5 above.
Only electronic submissions by email are acceptable. Industry responses must be submitted in the following format:
1. Letter sized paper; Times New Roman, Font 122. One inch margins on the top and bottom of each page3. Each page of the submission is to be enumerated4. Contractor submissions must not exceed twenty-five (25) pages in total5. Company brochures and/or marketing materials are included in the 25 page limit count.
No phone calls will be accepted. Late submissions will not be accepted. The electronic submission must be addressed to: Connie M. Houpt, Contracting Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're viewing this announcement from a source other than Federal Aviation Administration Contract Opportunities (FAACO), visit https://faaco.faa.gov/index.cfm/announcement/view/29820 toview the original announcement.