FBO Notice Date 06/27/17
BIDS Reference Number 132
Document Type: Presolicitation
Lease Or Rental Of Facilities
General Services Administration, Public Buildings Service (PBS), PBS Center for Broker Services (47PA05), N/A
X -- U.S. Government Seeks to Lease Office and Related Space in Chicago,Illinois SOL 6IL0407 DUE 072017Patrick Elwood, Vice President, Phone 630-573-7050, Email email@example.com - Shannon Schoening, Transaction Manager, Phone (703) 852-6211, Fax (703) 852-6210, Email firstname.lastname@example.orgSolicitation for Offers No: 6IL0407
Procurement Type: Pre-solicitation
Statement of Requirements: The Government is seeking to lease office and related space in Chicago, Illinois for a minimum of 9,876 ANSI/BOMA Office Area (ABOA) and a maximum of 10,370 ABOA.
CITY, STATE: Chicago, Illinois
North: 26th Street
South: 43rd Street
East: California Avenue
West: Pulaski Avenue
MINIMUM SQ. FT. (ABOA): 9,876 ABOA SF
MAXIMUM SQ. FT. (ABOA): 10,370 ABOA SF
SPACE TYPE: Office and Related Space
PARKING SPACES (TOTAL): Parking per local code and publically available within ¼ walkable mile (1,320 feet)
FULL TERM: Ten (10) Years (120 Months)
FIRM TERM: Five (5) Years (60 Months)
OPTION TERM: None
• Space must be located ina prime commercial office district with attractive surroundings with a prevalence of modern design and/or tasteful rehabilitation in modern use.
• Space shall be located in a professional office setting and not within close proximity to residential areas, railroad tracks or power transmission lines.
• Space will not be considered where any living quarters are located within the building.
• Space shall not be located within the 100-year flood plain or wetland unless the Government has determined it to be the only practicablealternative.
• Space should not be located near establishments whose primary operation is the sale of alcoholic beverages, firearms sold/discharged, or where there are tenants related to drug treatment or detention facilities.
• Regularly scheduled public transportation (if provided by municipality) during the workday is required within 2 city blocks or 600 feet, whichever is less.
• Subleases are not acceptable.
• Office space must becontiguous, on one floor.
• Space configuration shall be conducive toan efficient layout. Consideration for an efficient layout will include, but not be limited to the following: size and location of interior fire (support) walls, size and number of columns, column placement, bay depths, window size and placement, convector size and placement, electrical and telephone accessibility, and angles, curves or offsets that will result in an inefficient use of space.
• The following space configurations will not be considered: Space with atriums or other areas interrupting contiguous space, extremely long or narrow runs of space (more than twice as long as wide), irregularly shaped space configurations or other unusual building features adversely affecting usage.
•Columns size cannot exceed two (2') feet square and space between columns and/or walls cannot be less than twenty (20') feet.
• The offered space must meet or be capable of meeting Government requirements for Security, Fire LifeSafety and Handicapped Accessibility.
• If space offered is above ground level, at least two (2) accessible elevators will be required.
• The Government requires a fully serviced lease. All services, janitorial supplies, utilities and tenant alterations are to be provided as part of the rental consideration.
• The Government will have access to the space 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays).
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST DUE: 4:30 p.m. Central, Thursday, July 20, 2017
OCCUPANCY (ESTIMATED): May 17, 2020
SUBMIT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST TO:
Patrick Elwood, Vice President
700 Commerce Drive, Suite 550, Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
PHONE NUMBER: T:(630)573-7050 | F: (630)573-7018 | C: (708)203-8970
Expressions of Interest should include the following:
1. Building name and address and location of the available space within the building. The building site/lot plans, interior building layout drawings/picture reflecting the space that is being offered (with dimensions shown preferably).
2. Identification of public transit routes/stops near the property offered.
3. Rentable square feet available and expected rental rate per rentable square foot, fully serviced.
4. ANSI/BOMA office area (ABOA) square feet to be offered and expected rental rate per ABOA square foot, fully serviced. Indicate whether the quoted rental rate includes an amount for tenant improvements and state the amount, if any.
5. Date of space availability.
6. Building ownership information.
7. Amount of parking available on-site and its cost. Include whether expected rental rate includes thecost of the required Government parking (if any).
8. Energy efficiency andrenewable energy features existing within the building.
9. List of building services provided.
GOVERNMENT CONTACT. In no event shall the offeror enter into negotiations or discussions concerning the space to be leased with representatives of any Federal Agency other than the officers and employees of the General Services Administration (GSA) or their authorized representative.
LEASE CONTRACTING OFFICER: Mark Montgomery
TRANSACTION MANAGER: ShannonSchoening, CBRE, Inc.
LOCAL BROKER: Patrick Elwood, CBRE, Inc.