Pre-solicitation and Synopsis Notice: FA8601-18-R-0016
Sources Sought notice published under "Airfield Paving IDIQ - Project 171101" on August 28, 2017.
This Notice is posted in accordance with FAR 5.2 and 36.213-2.
This Acquisition is set for Full and Open Competition. Large Businesses will qualify to submit proposals following the closing date of the upcoming Solicitation Notice.
The NAICS code is 237110 - Water and Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction andthe Size Standard is $36.5M.
In accordance with FAR 4.1102 and DFARS 252.204-7004, Alternate A, Systemfor Award Management (SAM), contractors must be registered in SAM prior to award. Offerors may obtain information on registration at https://www.sam.gov.
The Repair and Maintain Airfield Pavements Project will consist of furnishing all labor, equipment, appliances, devices and materials, and performing all operations necessary in connection with ZHTV171101, "On-Call" Repair and MaintainAirfield Pavements, including removals and miscellaneous work as specified and as shown, indicated, or noted on the drawings. The site of the work is the Airfield in Area A and the Airfield in Area B, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio,45433-5209.
Emergency situationswill require a start work response time as short as one day. Availability of the Airfield facilities is critical, resulting in liquidated damages exceeding typical values for construction. The Contractor shall coordinate all work with the Airfield Manager and the CE Inspector when working on any portion of this contract. A schedule of work in its proper sequence shall be mutually agreed upon by the Contracting Officer, Airfield Manager and the Contractor, whereby restrictions on aircraft movements will be held to a minimum. All areas within 200 feet of the edge of an active Taxiway/Runway are designated as critical work areas.
The anticipated period of performance is one base year ordering period (365 calendar days) with two additional option year ordering periods. The estimated project magnitude is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
The IDIQ will have a maximum value of $4,900,000.
(1) The Solicitation with the official Specifications and Drawings will be available on the World Wide Web on or about April 30, 2018, at http://www.fbo.gov. The tentative date for receipt of proposals is May 30, 2018. The period of performance is 365 calendar days.
(2) Hard copies of the solicitation will not be provided. You may, however, download and print the file from the web site www.fbo.gov.
(3) There is no fee for this solicitation.
(4) A registration page will be attached to the web site. You are not required to register. However, when you register, you will receive notice of any amendments and/or addenda that may be issued to the solicitation. If you have not registered, it will be your responsibility to check the website for any changes to the solicitation.
(5) You shall provide a signed copy of the Standard Form (SF) 1442 and acknowledge and/or sign all amendments at the time and place specified in the Solicitation for receipt of proposals. Therewill not be apublic opening. Sealed envelopes containing proposals shall be marked to show the offeror's name and address, the solicitation number, and the date and time proposals are due.
(6) Contractors shall be capable of securing bondingfor the total proposed amount (base plus options). However, contractors shall only be responsible for providing bonding for the base amount plus the amount of any and all options exercised at the time of the award. If an option is exercised after award, contractors shall be responsible for securing the additional bonding equal to the amount of the option.
(7) Contractors that are debarred, suspended, or proposed for debarment are excluded from receiving contracts.Agencies also shall not consent to subcontract with these contractors.
(8) All responsible sources may submit a bid or proposal which shall be considered by the agency.
(9) Notice to Offeror(s)/Supplier(s): Funds are not presently available for this effort. No award will be made under this solicitation until funds are available. The Government reserves the right to cancel this solicitation, either before or after the closing date. In the event the Government cancels this solicitation, the Government has no obligation to reimburse an offeror for any costs. If funding is not available by December 31, 2018, the solicitation will be canceled. An award prior to September 30, 2018 would requirethe contractor to begin performance within 90 days of the award date in order to meet Bona Fide Need.
This is a WPAFB Construction (PZIOC) program. The current status is Pre-Solicitation and it is a category Z- Maintenance, repair, and alteration of real property program.