This is a Request for Information (RFI) for planning and market research purposes only, and shall not be construed as a commitment by the Government.
This is NOT a Request for Quote or Proposal. The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this RFI or reimburse any costs associated with the preparation of responses to this RFI. This RFI will be used to gather market research and to make decisions regarding the development of acquisition strategies.
The Integrated Logistics Support Center (ILSC), Aberdeen Proving Ground, in support of Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) Increment 2, is considering soliciting a requirement for WIN-T Increment 2 Procurement and Repair of Spares along with Engineering Services to include Obsolescence Monitoring and Resolution, managed by CECOM (B16), under NAICS 334290. If issued, the ILSC anticipates a 5-year, Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) type contract using range quantity pricing for the procurement and remanufacture/repair of spares identified in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix A and B - B16 NSNs for Procurement and Remanufacture/Repair (see attachments). If issued, the ILSC also anticipates a Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) type contract for obsolescence monitoring and resolution for items identified in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix C -B16 NSNs for Obsolescence Monitoring and Resolution (see attachment). Obsolescence Resolution is anticipated to include identification of potential replacements for any obsolete item and any engineering services, if required, such as testing and reengineering. The Government may place orders for spares (new procurements) and remanufactures/repairs of unserviceable assets to serviceable condition. The contract will require the offeror to provide support for 1) the items in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix A and B - B16 NSNs for Procurement and Remanufacture/Repair and 2) Obsolescence Management for all items in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix C - B16 NSNs for Obsolescence Monitoring and Resolution. Note that the NSNs in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix A and B are a subset of the NSNs in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix C and subject to change. The period of performance (POP) for this requirement will be for a total period of five base years (from date of award). Shipping for new procurements and repaired items will likely be FOB Destination to New Cumberland Army Depot (NCAD). Though not required for this market survey, as part of the future proposal, the offeror may be expected to provide documentation that they have the capability to produce and remanufacture/repair the items and resolve obsolescence issues, or that they have made the necessary arrangements with subcontractors.
This is a second posting for this effort which incorporates NSNs from the latest provisioning of the TCN-Lite and NOSC-Lite. The original posting was on 5/17/2017.
Please review the following Attachments:
WIN-T INC 2 Appendix A - B16 NSNs for Procurement and Remanufacture
WIN-T INC 2 Appendix B - B16 NSNs for Procurement and Remanufacture
WIN-T INC 2 Appendix C - B16 NSNs for Obsolescence Monitoring and Resolution
* Please be advised that the attached WIN-T INC 2 Appendices A, B, and C aresubject to change
* The Government does not have in its possession technical data. Offerors would be required to develop business relationships with the various subcontractors using the provided CAGE and part numbers to procure new items and repair unserviceable items in the correct configuration.
Please provide responses to the following questions below:
1. Please provide the following Point of Contact information:
Point of Contact:
2. Please identify your company's size standard based on the primary North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code of 334290. The Small Business Size Standard for this NAICS code is 750 employees. For more information, refer to: https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/files/Size_Standards_Table.pdf.
Large Business Concern
Small Business (SB) Concern
SmallDisadvantaged Business (SDB)
Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
3. If you identify your company as a Small Business or any of the SB subcategories as stipulated in Question # 2, then is your company interested in a primecontract for the attached SOW?
a) Under the current SB recertification regulations, do you anticipate your company remaining a SB, under primary NAICS Code 334290?
b) If your company is awarded the contract, will your company combined with the other SB subcontractors on this effort will you be able to perform at least 50% (percent) of the work?
4. Does your company or through teaming arrangements possess the capabilities to 1) provide and remanufacture/repair the NSNs identified in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix A and B - B16 NSNs for Procurement and Remanufacture/Repair, and 2) resolveany potential obsolescence issues for each NSN in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix C - B16 NSNs for Obsolescence Monitoring and Resolution? Please identify by NSN any items your company (or teaming arrangements) cannot provide or repair. Please explain your experience with WIN-T Increment 2 and why you feel you are capable of resolving obsolescence issues of these items in the WIN-T Increment 2.
5. Please identify:
a) Any items with monthly capacity issues or long lead items.
b) Any estimated supply and repair turnaround times outside of times specified in WIN-T INC 2 Appendix A and B - B16 NSNs for Procurement and Remanufacture.
6. The ILSC may pursue a 10-year, Firm-Fixed-Price contract for spares procurement if feasible. Please provide opinion on feasibility of 10-year contract for this effort and any obstacles you might encounter on a 10-year, Firm-Fixed-Price contract for spares procurement.
7. No phone inquiries will be accepted. For any questions, please contact Roger Louisaire via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and James Urso at email@example.com.
Please provide this information, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 10A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 04 DEC 2017.