Page 1 of 2THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) SOURCES SOUGHT IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR MARKETRESEARCH AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.1. Responses to this Sources Sought must be in writing. The purpose of this Sources Sought Announcement is for market research only to make appropriate acquisition decisions and to gain knowledge of Small Business Capability, including Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses and Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB/VOSB) interested and capable of performing the work.
2. The NAICS for this requirement is 561720 Janitorial Services $18.0 Million;PSC: S201 Custodial, Janitorial Services.
3. Interested and capable Contractors should respond to this notice not later than 1/26/2018 by providing the following via email only to email@example.com.
(a) company name
(c) point of contact
(d) phone, fax, and email of primary point of contact(e) DUNS number
(f) Type of small business, if applicable, (e.g. Services Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran-owned small business (VOSB), 8(a), HUB-Zone,Women Owned Small Business, Small Disadvantaged business, or Small Business).
(g) A capability statement that addresses the organization s qualifications and ability to perform as a contractor specifically for the work described in paragraph 5 below. Respondents are also encouraged to provide specific examples (e.g. contract number, point of contact information) of the Contractor s experienceproviding the same or similar supplies/services to that described in paragraph 5 below.
4. SDVOSB/VOSB respondents.
(a) If respondent is VOSB or SDVOSB, respondent is encouraged to provide proofof www.vetbiz.gov certification. In addition, SDVOSB/VOSB Contractors are asked to acknowledge that they understand the limitations on sub-contracting pursuant to FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Sub-Contracting, which will be included in the impending solicitation. Further SDVOSB/VOSB contractors are asked to respond that they are capable of providing the requested services keeping within the parameters of this clause.
(b) Small businesses, including SDVOSB/VOSBS are also advised that per 13 CFR,§ 125.6 the prime contractor's limitations on subcontracting are as follows:
(1) General. In order to be awarded a full or partial small business set-aside contract with a value greater than $150,000, an 8(a) contract, an SDVOSB contract, a HUBZone contract, a WOSB or EDWOSB contract pursuant to part 127 of this chapter, a small business concern must agree that:
(2) In the case of a contract for services (except construction), it will not pay more than 50% of the amount paid by the government to it to firms that are not similarly situated. Any work that a similarly situated subcontractor further subcontracts will count towards the 50% subcontract amount that cannot be exceeded.
(c) FSS Contractors who are SDVOSB or VOSB are required to provide their GSA Contract number to include the expiration date : ________________________________ __________
5. Required Services:
The VA San Diego Chula Vista Vet Center has a need for a Contractor to provide Janitorial services on a routine basis Monday through Friday excluding Federal Holidays. The size of the facility is approximately 3835 square feet, the areas shall include the general areas such as; offices, lunch room, entrances, hallways and restrooms. Frequency of the services shall be required daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis. Janitorial services to be provided shall include at a minimum the following:
A. General areas
All trash receptacles are to be emptied, and trash removed to a collection point.Vacuum carpeting to include corners, edges and beneath furniture.Clean and polish drinking fountain(s).Thoroughly dust all horizontal surfaces including; desktops, windowsills, all chairs to include vinyl and leather, tables, pictures, telephones and all manner of furnishings.Damp wipe all horizontal surfaces to remove coffee rings and spillage as needed.Dust mop hard surface floors with a treated dust mop.Damp mop hard surface floors to remove any spillage from soiled areas.Damp wipe entrance metal and fingerprints on entrance glass and spot clean partition glass.Inspect and pick up, as needed, building entrance area.lunchroom areas: wipe counter tops, tables, & chairs; restock towel dispensers;clean sink areas.Spot clean carpet as needed.
Stock towels, tissue and hand soap.Empty sanitary napkin receptacles and wipe with disinfectant.Empty trash receptacles and wipe if needed.Clean and polish mirrors.Wipe towel cabinet covers.Toilets and urinals to be cleaned and sanitized inside and outside. Toilet seats to be cleaned on both sides using a disinfectant.Scour and sanitize all basins.Dust partitions, top of mirrors and frames.Remove splash marks from walls around basins.Mop and rinse Restroom floors with disinfectant.
6. Please note that if VA s pending market research establishes that two or more VOSB or SDVOSB, who are certified in VA s Vendor Information Pages (VIP) site https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/, can perform the services, VA will set aside the underlying solicitation per 38 U.S.C. §8127.
7. All Offerors who provide goods or services to the United States Federal Government must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database found at https://www.sam.gov. Registration must include Representations and Certifications. --End of Sources Sought Announcement--DISCLAIMERThis RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.