FBO Notice Date 11/20/17
BIDS Reference Number 173
Document Type: Sources Sought
Textiles, Leather, Furs, Apparel & Shoe Findings, Tents & Flags
Department of the Army, Army Contracting Command, MICC, MICC - Fort Belvoir, 22060-5134
83 -- Safety Shoes SOL W91QV1-18-Q-0007 DUE 113017 POC Nakia E. Gregory, Phone 7038068070, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
STATEMENT OF WORK (SOW)
Arlington National Cemetery (ANC)
1. Background – ANC is our nation’s most sacred shrine and thefinal resting place for our most revered military and political leaders. ANC receives four to six million visitors per year - including visits from the President of the United States, other heads of state, family members of the deceased, and millions of tourists from around the world. Approximately 7,000 funerals are conducted yearly – in addition to over 4,000 other ceremonies, such as commemorations, wreath ceremonies, and head-of-state visits. These ceremonies and funerals often receive the intense focus of the press and other media. Total acreage of ANC is approximately 640 acres. United States Soldiers’ and Airmen’s Home National Cemetery (SSAHNC) is small in comparison to ANC; however,it too is a national shrine and final resting place for those who have served our nation. This Cemetery is approximately 17 acres and conducts approximately eight (8) funerals and four (4) ceremonies annually. ANC requires Steel-toed Leather Safety Boots for staff personnel as protection when working in areas where there is a danger of foot injuries due to falling or rolling objects and against exposure to electrical, chemical or other hazards.
2. Objectives. The contractor shall provide off-the-shelf Steel-toed Leather Safety Boots for ANC personnel performing burial and maintenance operations throughout ANC and SSAHNC (minimum Quantity of 45 pairs of boots and a maximumof 85 pairs of boots) for a base year and four (4) option years.
3. Scope. The contractor shall provide the following services in the fitting and delivery of the Steel-toed Leather Safety Boots made in the United States. The boots shall meet all specification requirements in this SOW and will meet or exceed the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) InternationalStandards for Safety Footwear. A Government point of contact (POC) will be present at destination for inspection and acceptance of the boots.
4. General Information
The contractor shall provide various safety boots to be purchased by ANC in Men and Women’s sizes. The contractor shall provide the facility (ies), tools, equipment and the personnel required to size and fit ANC employees on an annual basis. Sizing and fitting should occur NLT 30 days after the effective date of contract award.
The “facility (ies)” is defined as a Mobile Unit that shall conduct on-sight sizing/fitting of Safety Boots for ANC employees.
The contractor will contact the responsible official NLT five (5) days after the effective date of contract award to set-up an on-site size and fitting for ANC employees.
4.1. Sizes/Special Sizes
Safety Boots shall be made available in sizes ranging from seven (7) through 13, D, W, E, EE, EEE (men’s) and sizes 6 through 11, Medium, Wide (women’s), where applicable.
Extra charge for special shoe sizes shall be stated on the Bid Proposal orit shall be assumed that the price includes all sizes.
4.2. Specifications: The contractor shall have the ability to provide a variety of
Safety Boots in both Men’s and Women’s sizes, in Medium and Wide widths.
4.2.1. UPPER MATERIAL: Full Grain, Waterproof Black Edgewater Leather
4.2.2. STYLE: Waterproof Black Edgewater Leather
4.2.3. OUTSOLES: Slip resistance, Oil/Gas resistance, chemical resistance,abrasion resistance, and heat resistance.
4.2.4. FOOTBED: Nylon Covered Polyurethane or Agion anti-microbial treatment
4.2.5. SHANK: TC-Tech or Fiberglass
4.2.6. HEELS: Yes-90 Degrees
4.2.7. CONSTRUCTION: Cement or SuperSole Welt
4.2.8. HEIGHT: 5 to 6 inches for top of the boot
4.2.9. FIT: Made to individual measurements.
5. Fitting - Boots shall be fitted based on individual employee. SEE SOW paragraph 4 –
6. ASTM Standards – All Personal Protective Footwear sold in the United States must
meet or exceed ASTM F-2412-11 and ASTM F-2413-11 standards or latest version.
7. Contractor shall be responsible for all delivery costs related to pick-up of defective
Steel-toed Leather Safety Boots and shipment of Safety Boots to and from the designated freight address.
8. Unsatisfactory Performance of the contract: If the Steel-toed Leather Safety
Boots do not meet the specifications IAW SOW Section 4.2 Specifications, safety boot will not be accepted and the government will not be responsible for the payment. The contractor shall make all required corrections at no cost to the government.
9. Period of Performance: The period of performance will be for one (1) Base Year of 12 months and four (4) 12-month option years.
10. Hours of Operation: 8:00 - 3:00 hours except holidays
11. Type of Contract: Firm-Fixed-Price contract.
12. Delivery location: Arlington National Cemetery, Building 123, VA 22211.
13. Government Furnished Items and Services: N/A.
14. Recognized Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and
President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
15. Security Considerations: Contractor personnel and property will be subject to
search and seizure upon entering the gates of Arlington National Cemetery. Drivers must provide gate security with a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Once access is granted to the cemetery, the contractor personnel shall drive to the designated location to be provided after contractaward.
Joseph E. Alberti
Phone: (703) 614-0241
Email Address: email@example.com
17. Special requirement: Offeror is required to submit one (1) pair of Sample Boots Size 11, with enclosed return shipping label, IAW Specifications above (section 4.2, Specifications) by the bid closing date to:
Nakia E. Gregory, MICC-Ft Belvoir, 9410 Jackson Loop Bldg 1425, Ft Belvoir, VA 22060.
SET-ASIDE: Total Small Business