FBO Notice Date 11/13/18
BIDS Reference Number 188
Document Type: Sources Sought
Construction Of Structures And Facilities
Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard (USCG), Commanding Officer, USCG Civil Engineering Unit Cleveland, 44199-2060
Y -- Repair HVAC & Electrical Systems, UPH/Galley Building S25, U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Training Center, Mobile, AL SOL 70Z08319BPAT00300 DUE 112018 POC Timothy G. Arnold, Contract Specialist, Phone 2169026272, Fax 2169026277, Email email@example.com - Timothy G. Arnold, Contract Specialist, Phone 2169026272, Fax 2169026277, Email firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is a SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE to identify firms capable of performing Repair HVAC and Electrical Systems, UPH / Galley Building (S25), USCG Aviation TrainingCenter, Mobile, Alabama.; The work includes HVAC and associated electrical upgrades throughout building S25. The work includes the replacement of the existing Des Champs unit with water-cooled geothermal DX dedicated outside air unit (DOAS) to appropriately treat the ventilation air and ensure proper pressurization ofthe entire building. The replacement unit shall be capable of treating the outside air based on temperature and humidity. Direct expansion type units offer superior dehumidification when compared to chilled water style units. The use of a DX style unit will allow for hot gas reheat to be installed within the unit and reheat the ventilation supply air to a condition that would prevent condensationfrom forming on ductwork. The fourteen (14) AC air handling unit heat pumps shall be replaced. Heating and cooling load shall be developed to validate the sizing of the existing units and appropriate sized units shall be designed for replacement. The replacement units shall utilize R410A refrigerant and shall be properly balanced. The main electrical room exhaust fan shall be replaced. The galleymakeup air fans shall be interlocked with the galley hoods. The existing Kathbar control enclosures and devices shall be demolished. Associated electrical workshall be conducted in coordination with HVAC work identified above. Affected electrical panels shall be replaced where tied into proposed HVAC work; Mobilization, demobilization and clean up; Supervision, materials, equipment, transportation, labor and all other incidentals necessary to complete the work. The procurement estimate is between $500K and $1M. The NAICS for this project is 238220 witha Small Business Size Standard of $15M. At a minimum, the prime contractor willbe required to perform 15 percent of the cost of the contract with its own employees (not including cost of materials). Vendors interested in performing this requirement are invited to provide the following information to USCG CEU Cleveland no later than November 16, 2018. The information may be submitted via email tothe Contract Specialist at email@example.com or faxed to 216-902-6278/6277.
Responses shall include the following information: Reference number 70Z08319BPAT00300, company name, address, Dun and Bradstreet number, point of contact, phone number, email address; and, the following information (items (a) through (f)). Your response shall include the following information and be in sufficient detail for a determination to be made regarding the type of set-aside for this procurement:
1. A positive statement of your intent to submit a bid on this solicitation as a prime contractor.
2. A statement identifying your certified small business size status (Small, HUBZone, VOSB, SDVOSB, disadvantaged, women-owned)
3. Evidence of experience in work similar in type and scope, to include contract numbers, project titles, dates work performed, dollar amounts, points of contact and telephone numbers.
4. Statement that your firm has/has not previously performed work under this NAICS as a prime contractor.
5. Provide evidence of bonding capability to the maximum magnitude on the project to include bothsingle and aggregate totals.
6. State the number and occupations of employees in your firm.
7. NO TELEPHONE OR WRITTEN REQUESTS FOR SOLICITATIONS OR POSTING STATUS. When available, and if competed, the resultant pre-solicitation notice and solicitation will be posted at this website. The type of set-aside will be stated in these postings. This notice is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government payfor information solicited. No basis for claim against the Government shall arise as a result from a response to this Sources Sought or Government use of any information provided. The Government reserves the right to consider a small business, 8(a), or any other set-aside arrangement as deemed appropriate for this procurement
SET-ASIDE: Total Small Business