The Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center (NSRDEC) areissuing a source sought notice to identify potential sources that can provide aComputer Numerically Controlled (CNC), Printed Circuit Board (PCB) prototype board router that will be used to rapidly produce electronic boards, circuits and assemblies that is as good as or better than the LPKF ProtoMat S63.
-The PCB milling machine shall have the following:
- capability of producing single sided, double sided and multilayer designs
- Integrated control electronics.
- 1.4" of Z axis travel, controlled by stepper motor with clearance of 0.9".
- Movement resolution of 0.02 mils.
- Repetition accuracy of +/- 0.04 mils.
- Maximum drilling speed of 120 strokes per minute.
- Maximum X/Y travel speed of 6" per sec/150mm per second.
- Variable 60,000 RPM motor with spindle speeds on each tool assigned within the associatedsystem software.
- A vacuum table.
- Fiducial recognition camera integrated with the machine driver software for automated alignment of double sided boards.
- Fiducial camera alignment shall be fully automated with auto-capture and auto adjustment for material offset.
- Fiducial camera shall not require guide assist paper and will be capable of being used for:
- Calibration of the machine (orthogonality, tool bar, work table).
- Recognition of fiducial marks/holes shall be fully automated as well as subsequent software adjustment of the milling data to account for any offset.
- Inspection of drillholes and cut lines.
- Automated measurement of tool cut widths.
- Allow for manual measurements of traced, drill sizes, pad size, etc.
- HEPA filtered vacuum system.
- Minimum of 15 position tool exchange bar.
- Software for data preparation and machine control.
-Software for machine operations must include setup on the front end helping to guide the operator through design import, tool assignment and system operations with templates saved for single sided, double sided and multilayer designs.
-Process steps must include options for plating and lamination press that modify based on the method chosen.
-The software shall produce a concentric milling path and smart adjacent path algorithm reducing the milling time required.
- System/software shall alert the operator of the option to change the tool after a programmable length of tool use.
-all tooling shall be 100% tungsten carbide.
All interested firms and manufacturers, regardless of size, are encouraged to respond to this request for information. Information submissions should include available technology, product literature, and relevant company background/experience.
Information submissions must be received by 28 JAN 2019. Responses to this notice should be directed to Timothy.M.Konetzny.firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses should include information on their product(s) and how they might address the Military requirement. All information supplied will be considered confidential, unless otherwise specified by the firm or available from other sources without restriction. This sources sought is for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute an Invitation for Bid (IFB) or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and is not to be taken as a future commitment by NSRDEC.
All respondents shall include all of the information listed below in the response email:
1. Company name and Solicitation number in the email subject line.
2. Company address, telephone number, primary contact(s) with e-mail address(es), NAICS code(s), business size (i.e., small/large/HUB Zone), CAGE code, and DUNS number. (Respondents must be registered in the SAM database in order to obtain a DUNS number. Firms may register with SAM at http://www.sam.gov.)
3. Product detailed descriptions and how it addresses our Military requirement. This can also include current or past performance of providing these products to the Government.
4. Estimated cost, minimum and maximum delivery schedule, and any anticipated discounts.
5. If applicable a GSA Schedule.
6. All assumptions, including any assumed Government support.
Interested sources must reply no later than 28 JAN 2019. No telephonic submissions will be honored. All product information shall be submitted at no cost orobligation to the government.