The purpose of this sources sought notice is for market research purposes to determine if capable, qualified small businesses relative to NAICS code 541940 possess the capability to support the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory (NHEERL) requirement of providing of on-site professional veterinary services for the animal research program. To help determine if this potential requirement may be set-aside for small business concerns, the Government is seeking input from the small business community regarding their interest and capability in performing the tasks reflected in the draft Performance Work Statement (PWS). The Government invites contractors with the experience and capabilities necessary to meet or exceed the statedrequirements to submit Capabilities Statement Package consisting of appropriatedocumentation, literature, brochures, and references anticipated to be five to ten pages, following the set format. The Government will not pay for any information solicited. Respondents will not be notified of the results of this evaluation. This notice will assist the Contracting Officer in determining whether a Small Business Set-aside is a viable strategy for this procurement. All businesses that are qualified to perform this work are encouraged to respond, identifying their business as large or small. Responses to this sources sought notice shall not constitute responses to any solicitation. As stipulated in FAR 15.201, responses to this notice are not considered offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. No solicitation exists; therefore, do notrequest a copy of the solicitation.
The (EPA) is seeking businesses with current relevant qualifications, experience, personnel, and capabilities to perform the proposed requirement.
The EPA currently has a contract for the providing of on-site professional veterinary services for the animal research program at the (NHEERL) located in the Research Triangle Park, NC. The contract number is EP-D-14-003 and the contractor is SoBran, Inc. The current contract is in its last option period, which expires on April 1, 2019.
The EPA intends to issue a solicitation, 68HE0D18R0014, for a successor contractor to furnish all necessary labor, supervision, transportation, equipment, and supplies to provide a comprehensive program for veterinary medical care including oversight of the health and well being of a colony of laboratory research animals consisting primarily of rodents (daily animal census of 2,000 - 4,000 mice and rats), a fish colony (currently 8 racks of zebrafish, though this population is expected to expand), and a small rabbit colony (8-10 animals). This position will support the animal care and use program in developing and maintaining procedures and programs to ensure compliance with all applicable federal regulations governing the humane care and use of laboratory animals.
The anticipated issuance date of the RFP is November 29, 2018. EPA anticipatesthe award of a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contract. The contract will consist of abase period of twelve (12) months, with four (4) additional twelve-month optionperiods. The total duration of the proposed contract is sixty (60) months.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 541940 - Veterinary Services applies to this requirement and the small business size standard is$7.5 Million in average annual receipts over the preceding three fiscal years.
The Government requests that all interested parties demonstrate their capabilities by submitting a capability statement. The Government will evaluate the qualifications of interested parties based on their responses regarding capability ofperforming the requirement. Respondents must include a company profile, to include number of employees, annual receipts, office location(s), DUNS number and CAGE Code, references with detail of work performed, and a capability statement for at least three recently completed projects of similar work within the same magnitude of this notice. List references in conducting projects of similar size,scope, and complexity in the past 3 years. Each reference shall include the company name and title, telephone number, and point of contact. Indicate whether your firm was the prime contractor or subcontractor on other similar projects. All capability statements must be electronically submitted to the email address below by the stated deadline. Include small business classification(s): (Small Business, 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, SDVOSB, WOSB, VOSB, etc.). The capability statements for each project should be numbered consistent with the below requirements followed by supporting documentation. Interested parties who believe that they are qualified to perform these services must submit for evaluation, a list of projects by contract numbers, project titles, description of work, size of facility, contract dollar value, brief description of how the referenced contract relates to the work described, and evidence that documents in detail the following specific capabilities:
1. Provide documentation that demonstrates recent and relevant experience in providing a comprehensive program for veterinary medical care including oversight of the health and well being of a colony of laboratory research animals for projects of similar size, scope, and complexity.
2. Provide a copy of a current license to practice veterinary medicine in North Carolina and board-certification or board-eligibility by the American Collegeof Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM).
3. Provide documentation of having qualified persons on staff who have received a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine/Veterinary Medicines Directorate (DVM/VMD) from an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)-accredited or approved college.
4. Provide documentation that demonstrates a proven record of management and operation of an Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC) accredited animal care program of similar magnitude and complexity.
5. Provide documentation that demonstrates experience serving on an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUL) in the capacity of the Attending Veterinarian.6. Provide documentation that demonstrates the ability to provide training for proper animal handling, immobilization, sedation, analgesia, anesthesia, euthanasia and surgical techniques.
7. Provide documentation that demonstrates the ability to provide emergency veterinary services within a few hours.
8. Provide documentation that demonstrates a full understanding and experience in meeting all state, federal, and environmental regulations and policies pertaining to animal care and use.
9. Indicate if you are 8(a), HUBZone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, Veteran Owned, and/or general small business. Provide proof of SBA certification of the firm's status as a small business. Include average annual receipts over the preceding three fiscal years.
The Capabilities Statement Package for this sources sought notice is not expected to be a proposal, but rather short statements regarding the company's abilityto demonstrate existing, or developed, expertise and experience in relation to this project and the areas specified herein. Any commercial brochures or currently existing marketing material may also be submitted with the Capabilities package. Submission of Capabilities Statement Package is not a prerequisite to any potential future offerings, but participation will assist the EPA in tailoring the requirement to be consistent with industry capabilities. The Government's evaluation of the capability statements received may factor into whether any forthcoming solicitation will be conducted as a full and open competition or as a set-aside for small businesses, or any particular small business designation (e.g. SDVOSB, HUBZone, 8(a), SDB, WOSB, VOSB, etc.). The Government intends to consider all comments and the responsive capability statements when developing its final acquisition strategy and resulting Request for Proposals (RFP). The determination to proceed with full and open competition is solely within the discretion of the Government. The synopsis, amendments and other information related to this sources sought as well as any subsequent procurement notifications will be posted on FedConnect's website at: https://www.fedconnect.net/FedConnect/default.htm and FedBizOpps' website at: https://www.fbo.gov/. All interested parties should check these sites frequently for updates. All information related to this procurement will be available at this link through the date of any award.
CONTACT / SUBMITTAL INFORMATION
All Capability Statements submitted as responses to this announcement shall be transmitted via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com. Responsesmust be received no later than 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time on October 1, 2018to be considered. Please address any comments or questions regarding this sources sought notice to Harold L. Day, EPA RTPPOD ORD, EPA Research Triangle Park, NC, Code AA005 via the above email address. No faxes, mail, or telephone submissions or questions will be accepted.