FBO Notice Date 02/20/18
BIDS Reference Number 199
Document Type: Sources Sought
Communication, Detection, & Coherent Radiation Equipment
Other Defense Agencies, U.S. Special Operations Command, Headquarters Procurement Division, 33621-5323
58 -- REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) MANET AERIAL RELAY ANTENNA CARRY ON PACKAGE (MARA-CP) **REPOST** SOL RFI-H92222-18-R-MARACP2 DUE 031918 POC Candace F. Rodriguez, Phone 8138264694, Email email@example.com - Leatrice J. Frederick, Contract Specialist, Phone 8138266513, Email firstname.lastname@example.orgMANET AERIAL RELAY ANTENNA CARRY ON PACKAGE (MARA-CP)
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION - REPOST
FSC: 5821 - NAICS: 541712
Issue Date: 20 February 2018
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
This Request for Information (RFI) is the initiation of market research under Part 10of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). This announcement does not constitute an Invitation for Bids (IFB), a Request for Quote (RFQ), or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and it should not be construed as a commitment of any kind by the Government to issue a formal solicitation or ultimately award a contract. Responses to this notice cannot be accepted as offers. Any costs incurred by interestedcompanies in response to this announcement will NOT be reimbursed. Nothing in this announcement constitutes an obligation on the part of the U.S. Government, nor is the Government tasking any offeror to develop any technologies described herein. Any information provided that is marked as proprietary information will be safeguarded to prevent disclosures to non-government personnel and entities. The Government may elect to visit, or host a visit, from any potential sources following the market survey. Your interest in this program is appreciated.
MARKET SURVEY - REQUEST FOR INFORMATION SYNOPSIS: USSOCOM is seeking information for market research purposes relative to technologies/devices which providethe following capabilities:
1. Adequate power for the integration and operation of the AN/PRC-163 Next Generation Hand Held (NGHH) with mission module attached in addition to any one (Threshold (T)) or two (Objective (O)) of thefollowing additional radios simultaneously. The user shall be able to select between any of the following radios and swap radios without Field Service Representative (FSR) support or returning the kit to the vendor.
a. AN/PRC-163 NGHHwith Mission modulate attached, Trellisware TW-400, Trellisware TW-950, Persistent systems MPU-5, AN/PRC-152A, AN-PRC-148(V)6, and Silvus Streamcaster 4200 (T)/any future radio that can connect to a modern bayonet system battery connector (O).
2. Tunable Radio Frequency (RF) filtration in the following steps (1.2, 5, 10, 20, and 40 MHz) (T) and center frequency tunable in 500 kHz (T), 250 kHz (O) steps, from 1.2 to 3.0 Ghz for the integration and operation of the AN/PRC-163 NGHH and any one (T) or two (O) of the radios listed in 1.a
3. Operation of two (T) or three (O) of the above mentioned radios with a maximum 40MHz allocated bandwidth per radio while maintaining a 5%(T), 3% (O) guard band.
4. Tunable RF filtration capability for narrow band line of sight radios in Department of Defense (DoD) allocated Ultra High Frequency (UHF) and Very High Frequency (VHF) bands for the integration and operation of the following radios simultaneously, AN/PRC-163 NGHH, AN/PRC-152A and AN/PRC-148 (O)
5. Duplex, tunable RF amplification of up to 20W per radios between at least 1.2 and 3.0Ghz for the integration and operation of the AN/PRC-163 NGHH and any one (T) or two (O) of the radios listed in 1.a (T)
6. System report of the A) configuration and B) health status of all major items upon boot up and in near real time with configurable update rates (T). The system shall use analytics to predict when faults are expected and notify the network administrator (O).
7. Utilize an open set of standards for message formatting (e.g. extensible markup language) and transport of the information (e.g. user datagram protocol/internet protocol) (T).
8. Monitor and manage equipment used in wideband line of sight (LOS) and narrowband communication LOS equipment (T).
9. Support data transport over wideband Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) systems (T). The system shall have the intelligence to control the data flow content and rate based on the transport throughput available (O).
10. Report system status: macroscopic (global) to microscopic (component) via a scalable graphical user interface (T). The system shall have an alert mechanism to notify up to twenty users of systems faults configurable by their role and location.
11. Contain an National Security Agency (NSA) approved cross domain solution capable of full duplex communications between two different classification domains (e.g. SECRET domain A to SECRET domain B & SECRET domain B to SECRET domain A) (T). The system shall be software configurable to operate as an NSA approved cross domain solution capable of full duplex communications between two different classification domains (e.g. unclassified to SECRET/ SECRETto unclassified) (O).
12. Provide video encoding (T), decoding, and transcoding (O) transmitting in H.264 (T). The system shall be software configurable to operate as a video encoding, decoding, and transcoding device capable oftransmitting H.264 or H.265 (O).
13. Provide analogue audio output for two radios simultaneously and also allow audio cross-banding between two separate radio models (e.g. TW-400 and MPU-5) (T). The system shall be software configurable to operate as a Radio over Internet Protocol (RoIP) gateway device, converting analog voice signals to IP with uninterrupted half-duplex operation (O).
14. Support integration of type 1 NSA certified components without compromising the integrity of the cryptology (T). The system shall be Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) compliant (O).
15. Capable of operating at up to 1200W from 9-36VDC up to 30A or 110VAC up to 10A (60hz and 400hz, respectively) while providing conditioned power to all components within the system with no degradation in performance (T).
16. Individual system components shall have switches to allow them to be independently powered on and off (T).
17. The system shall be no larger than 21.5 inches long x 17 inches wide x 8.5 inches high (T). The system shall be no larger than 21.5 inches long x 17 inches wide x 8.5 inches high and be repackageable for specific air platform requirements (O).
18. Intelligently route Internet Protocol (IP)version four IPv4 (T) and support IPv6 (O) traffic using Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) between three local area networks (MANET 1, MANET 2, and an external network connection), and provide access control between these networks (T). The system shall be software configurable to intelligently route IPV4 and IPV6 traffic using EIGRP and multi-area Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) between three local area networks (e.g. MANET 1. MANET 2, and an external network connection), and provide extended access control between these networks (O).
19. Computing capability to simultaneously run at a minimum a TAK server, radio over IP server, TRAX, and file sharing (T). The system will have the ability to run multiple, hot-swappable computing devices in a server like capability (O).
20. Designed to be air worthy and meet MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD 0461E (T).
Durability/survivability in battlefield conditions, thermal stability, total system weight, and total system size, are other device characteristics which are areas of primary interest.
Interested parties are strongly encouraged to submit information about available technologies/devices. Responses from Small Business firms are highly encouraged. Firms responding should indicate their socio-economic status(es), including Small, Small Disadvantaged, Woman Owned, HUBZone certified, or Service Disabled Veteran Owned..
The Government will accept a white paper, which should not exceed 10 pages written (Times New Roman, 12 font) or 10 MS PowerPoint slides. Supporting information such as commercial literature, catalogues, or manuals are acceptable. The white paper/slides shall include an executive summary (one page or less) on the effort, a technical description, identification of risks, current Technology Readiness Level (TRL), operational availability data, and Reliability-Availability-Maintainability (RAM) data.
The white paper should include a task summary, trade-off matrix, and technical recommendation on a material solution. The solution is expected to be comprised of hardware, software, and interface definitions with messaging libraries
An appendix to the whitepaper shall define the threshold and objective messages and parameters on a per component basis to meeting the intent of the task. For example, power amplifiers will have a different software application program interface (API) than a radio and router.
The appendix shall define enabling technologies (message standard, database, server software, etc. as appropriate) and conceptual network manager interface for monitoring the health of the network of networks.
Responses to the RFI shall include the following:
Street Address, City, State, nine (9) digit Zip Code Point of Contact (POC) POC Telephone, email, and facsimile numbers
Announcement Number: USSOCOM- MARA-CP-2018
All interested parties should provide the requested information regarding this announcement no later than the closing date as specified at the beginning of this RFI. White papers/slides may be submitted any time prior to expiration of this announcement. The following e-mail points of contact are provided for information regarding any questions concerning this announcement.
USSOCOM Contracting Office point of contact is Ms. Candace Rodriguez, Phone: (813) 826-4694.
If submitting by E-mail: email@example.com
If submittingby mail:
HQ USSOCOM/SOF AT&L-KP
ATTN: Candace Rodriguez
7701Tampa Point Blvd
MacDill AFB, FL 33621
USSOCOM Contracting Office alternate point of contact is Ms. Leatrice Fredrick Phone: (813) 826-6513.
If submitting by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If submitting by mail:
HQ USSOCOM/SOF AT&L-KP
ATTN: Leatrice Fredrick
7701 Tampa Point Blvd
MacDill AFB, FL 33621
Please refer to the announcement number in all correspondence and communications.