Department of Veterans AffairsNETWORK 23 CONTRACTING OFFICE1303 5th St, Suite 300Coralville IA 52241Wanda HarperContract Specialist319-688-3620
Page 4 of 7St. Paul, Minnesota
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Seeks Expressions of Interest for4649 NUSF/5347 Rentable Square Feet of Veterans Counseling Center Space in St. Paul, MN.
Notice: This advertisement is a notice of a potential opportunity. This advertisement is not a solicitation for offers, nor is it a request for proposals. The purpose of this advertisement is to identify potential sources and suitable existing buildings, and is not intended to pre-qualify or disqualify any potential offers. The Government will not pay for any costs incurred as a result of this advertisement. The Government cannot provide any warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of contents of the furnished information found within this advertisement; Government is under no responsibility to respond to and is unable to answer any inquiries regarding this advertisement. Respondents are advised that the Government assumes no responsibility toaward a lease based upon responses to this advertisement.
Contracting Office Address: United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA),Leasing and Specialized, Network 23 Contracting Office (NCO 23), 1303 5th Street, Suite 300, Coralville, IA 52241.
Description: VA seeks to lease approximately 4649 Net Usable Square Feet and 25 parking spaces for use by VA as a Veterans Counseling Center (Vet Center) in the delineated area explained below. VA will consider leased space located in anexisting building. NUSF is generally defined as the space remaining once common areas, lessor areas, and non-programmatic areas required by code are deducted from the rentable square feet of the facility. NUSF does not include areas suchas stairs, elevators, mechanical and utility rooms, ducts, shafts, vestibules, public corridors, and public toilets required by local code. A detailed definition will be provided by VA, should a solicitation for offers or request for proposals be issued for this project.
Lease Term: Up to 20 years.
Delineated Area: To receive consideration, submitted properties must be locatedwithin the following area described below, which is bound by the following roads, or must front on any of the following boundary lines:
Bounded on the North: Highway 36Bounded on the South: 694/94 to include Hwy 10Bounded on the West: 35W/Hwy 77Bounded on the East: 494
The following map of the delineated area is provided for further clarification of the boundaries of the delineated area.
(1) Offered space must be located on no more than one (1) contiguous floor.(2) Bifurcated sites, inclusive of parking, are not permissible.(3) The following space configurations will not be considered: Space with atriums or other areas interrupting contiguous space, extremely long or narrow runsof space (more than twice as long as wide), irregularly shaped space configurations or other unusual building features adversely affecting usage.
(4) Offered space cannot be in the FEMA 100-year flood plain.
(5) Offered space must be zoned for VA s intended use.
(6) Offered space will not be considered if located in close proximity to property with incompatible uses, including but not limited to the following uses: liquor establishments, treatment centers, correctional facilities, where firearms are sold/discharged, railroad tracks, or within flight paths. (7) Space will not be considered where apartment space or other living quarters are located within the same building.
(8) Offered space must be easily accessible to multiple highways which provide multiple routes of travel.
(9) Structured parking under the space is not permissible.
(10) Offered space must meet Federal and Local Government requirements for firesafety, physical security, accessibility, seismic, and sustainability standardsper the terms of the solicitation for offers or request for proposals.
(11) A fully serviced lease may be required.
(12) Offered space must be compatible for VA s intended use.
All submissions should include the following information:Name of current owner;Address or described location of building or land;Location on map, demonstrating the building or land lies within the Delineated Area;Description of ingress/egress to the building or land from a public right-of-way;A statement as to whether the building or land lies within the Delineated Area;Description of the uses of adjacent properties;Site plan depicting the property boundaries, building, and parking; and(8) If you are qualified as a small business, Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) under NAICS Code 531120 Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings with a small business size standard of$38.5 million, please read the attachment, entitled, Small Business, VOSB, or SDVOSB Status . You are invited, but not required to submit a Capabilities Statement.;(9) A document indicating the type of zoning and that VA s intended use is permissible for the proposed space;(10) A description of any changes to the property necessary to be compatible with VA s intended use;(11) A statement indicating the current availability of utilities serving the proposed space or property.Previously Accepted Sites/Buildings:
All interested parties must respond to this announcement no later than January 16, 2019 at 4:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.
Wanda HarperContracting SpecialistDepartment of Veterans Affairs (VA)Leasing and Specialized, Network 23 Contracting Office1303 5th Street, Suite 300Coralville, IA 52241Email: email@example.comOffice: 319-688-3620
Market Survey if required (Estimated): Winter 2019Occupancy (Estimated): Fall 2019
Attachment - Small Business, VOSB or SDVOSB StatusThe NAICS Code for this procurement is 531190 Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings, and the small business size standard is $38.5 million. Responses to this notice will assist VA s Office of Real Property (ORP) in determining if the acquisition should be set-aside for competition and restricted to SDVOSB or VOSB concerns in accordance with 38 USC Sec. 8127.
The magnitude of the anticipated construction/buildout for this project is: __ (a) Less than $25,000; __ (b) Between $25,000 and $100,000; __ (c) Between $100,000 and $250,000; __ (d) Between $250,000 and $500,000; __ (e) Between $500,000 and $1,000,000; __ (f) Between $1,000,000 and $2,000,000; _x (g) Between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000; __ (h) Between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000; __ (i) Between $10,000,000 and $20,000,000; __ (j) Between $20,000,000 and $50,000,000; __ (k) Between $50,000,000 and $100,000,000; __ (l) More than $100,000,000.
VA makes monthly lease rental payments in arrears upon facility acceptance and will make a single lump-sum payment for specified tenant improvements. VA makesno progress payments during the design or construction/build-out phases of the project.
This is not a request for proposals, only a request for information for planning purposes, and does not constitute a solicitation. A solicitation may or may not be issued. This notice is being published in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation 19.14 and VA Acquisition Regulation 819.70.
Project Requirements: VA seeks information from Potential Offerors who are capable of successfully performing a lease contract, including design and build-out of the facility described above, on a VA pre-approved site for a term of up to 20 years, inclusive of all options, as well as all maintenance and operation requirements for the duration of the lease term. More information on VA s requirements can be found on its Technical Information Library: http://www.cfm.va.gov/til/.
SDVOSB, VOSB, and Small Business firms are invited to provide information to contribute to the market research for this project. SDVOSB and VOSB firms must beregistered in VA s Vendor Information Pages (VIP) site at https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/. All business concerns must have the technical skills and financial capabilities necessary to perform the stated requirements. All business concerns are requested to submit a Capabilities Statement if they are interested in participating in this project. A submission checklist and information sheet is provided below for firms to fill out and submit, which will serve as the firm s Capabilities Statement.
Capabilities Statement Will Include:
1. Company name, address, point of contact, phone number, Dunn & Bradstreet number, and e-mail address;2. Evidence of SDVOSB or VOSB status through registration at VIP (https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/);
3. Evidence of ability to offer as a small business under NAICS Code 531120 and listing in the System for Award Management (www.SAM.gov), including a copy of the representations and certifications made in that system;4. A summary describing at least three (3) projects of similar size and scope completed in the past five (5) years that demonstrate your company s experience designing, constructing, and managing Federal leased facilities or health care facilities relevant to the project described above. (3-page limit);
5. Evidence of your company s bonding capacity to meet a bid bond of $100,000,and evidence from a surety of capability to obtain payment and performance bonds in values based on the project magnitude listed above; and6. Evidence of capability to obtain financing for a project of this size.If desired, the company may also submit a narrative describing its capability.Although this notice focuses on SDVOSB and VOSB, we encourage all small businesses and other interested parties to respond for market research purposes.
CAPABILITIES STATEMENTSUBMISSION CHECKLIST AND INFORMATION SHEET
Rapid City, SD, Veterans Counseling Center
Company address:Dunn & Bradstreet number:
Point of contact:
The following items are attached to this Capabilities Statement:
Evidence of SDVOSB or VOSB status through registration at VIP (https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/);Evidence of ability to offer as a small business under NAICS Code 531120 and listing in the System for Award Management (www.SAM.gov), with representations andcertifications;A summary describing at least three (3) projects of similar size and scope completed in the past five (5) years that demonstrate the company s experience designing, constructing, and managing Federal leased facilities or health care facilities relevant to (input project specific nusf). (3-page limit);Evidence of the company s bonding capacity to meet a bid bond of $100,000, and payment and performance bonds in the range above from surety; andEvidence of capability to obtain financing for a project of this size.
If desired, the company may also submit a narrative describing its capability, not to exceed two (2) pages.
________________________________________________________________(Print Name, Title)