This project was previously synopsized under Solicitation 47PB0018B0002, https://www.fbo.gov/spg/GSA/PBS/1PK-ME/47PB0018B0002/listing.html and has been replaced to reflect this new Solicitation 47PB0018B0004 and description below.
The General Services Administration (GSA) New England Region, Contract Operations Branch is issuing this Invitation for Bids (IFB) for the contractor to provide all labor, materials, equipment and supervision for the Montpelier Chiller Replacement in Montpelier, VT. This procurement is a 100% Total Small Business Set-aside. The estimated cost is between $500,000 and $1 Million. The NAICS codefor this service is 238220, Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors. The Small Business Size standard is $15 MILLION.
The contractor must provide all labor, materials, equipment and supervision for the following:
1. removal of two 2012 Baltimore Aircoil stainless steel 70 ton circulation water interior mounted cooling towers,
2. removal of the supply and discharge air ducting for the cooling towers,
3. removal of the circulating water pumps and circulation piping for the cooling water system interconnection with the building 70 ton chiller units,
4. removal of the electrical power and control wiring associated with the 70 ton cooling towers,
5. removal of two 70 ton reciprocating mechanical chiller packages that have reached the endof their useful life,
6. revisions to the chilled water system circulationsystem to accommodate the installation of a new set of chiller units,
7.installation of a set of nominal 80 ton split chiller systems to include a set of roof top mounted condensers,
8. installation of a structural support system on the buildings loading dock roof,
9. installation of a set of secure access stairs from grade to the loading dock roof at the outside north edge of the loading dock,
10. installation of the electrical power and controlsassociated with the chiller / condenser units,
11. installation of a refrigerant evacuation system within the mechanical space,
12. upgrade /integration of the disparate BAS systems located within the facility to includethe integration of the new chiller / condenser systems,
13. minor repairs to a couple of cement masonry unit walls within the mechanical space,
14.modification of some duct work on the supply air side of the basement air handling unit,
15. other miscellaneous items as outlined in the construction documents.
The Solicitation release date of August 22, 2018.
A Pre-Bid Site Visit date of September 5, 2018.
A Second Pre-Bid Site Visit date of September 18, 2018.
The Bid due date of September 25, 2018.
Technical documents will be availablethrough the secure website via a direct link from FEDBIZOPPS. Bidders are responsible for printing the IFB and all related documents. It is also the bidder's responsibility to monitor this site for release of the IFB, and amendments and any related information.
SET-ASIDE: Total Small Business