The solicitation will be issued using the Virtual Incident Procurement (VIPR) system. To use VIPR you must have access to a computer with internet capabilities. Basic information about the VIPR system and a Vendor User Guide is located at: http://www.fs.fed.us/business/incident/vipr.php.
Other information pertinent for vendors:
1) Vendors must have a valid e-mail since VIPR communications are conducted via e-mail. An e-mail address is also required for the registrations applicable tothe VIPR Vendor Application.
2) Vendors must have a valid DUNS number. Request a free DUNS Number from Dun and Bradstreet on the web at: http://iupdate.dnb.com/iUpdate/companylookup.htm
3) Register in the System for Award Management (SAM) as stated in the solicitation. Vendors can access SAM at https://www.sam.gov/. IMPORTANT: Contractors account must be active in SAM as it is directly related to receiving an award underthis solicitation and any payment for orders placed under the awarded Agreement. SAM must be updated annually. Registering in SAM is FREE.
4) Vendors are required to have a USDA Level 2 eAuthentication account that provides the ability to conduct official electronic business transactions. Information for obtaining a Level 2 eAuthentication account is available on the web at http://www.fs.fed.us/business/incident/eauth.php
5) Vendors must use the VIPR Vendor Application to view and respond to the solicitation. Vendors must register and submit a quote electronically in this application. Vendors must register in this application on the web at http://www.fs.fed.us/business/incident/Vendorapp.php.
The Solicitation will only be available electronically and will be posted to the FBO website on approximately January 8, 2019. Electronic responses must be transmitted in the VIPR Vendor Application (http://www.fs.fed.us/business/incident/Vendorapp.php) no later than 2:00 PM Pacific Time, on February 26, 2019. NO PAPER COPIES WILL BE ISSUED AND NO TELEPHONE REQUEST FOR THE SOLICITATION WILL BE ACCEPTED; this is an ALL electronic process. Failure to meet the date and time will result in no award.
6) R5 may hold a pre-quote meeting. See C.11 of the solicitation. 7) Equipment inspections will be held. See D.16 of the solicitation.
8) Vendors with equipment in California must select the Geographic Area Coordination Center (Northern California GACC or Southern California GACC) in which their equipment is located. Vendors with equipment located outside California must sign up at the California GACC closest to their equipment location and must meet the mileage requirement at clause D.5.1, as amended in the solicitation.
Contracting Point of Contact: Lydia Moore-Ward Lydia.Moore-Ward@usda.gov
Technical Point of Contact: Rita Burkhalter-Broadnax firstname.lastname@example.org
SET-ASIDE: Total Small Business