The purpose of this Sources Sought Notice is to identify qualified small business concerns including 8(a), HUBZone or Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business concerns that are interested in and capable of performing the work described herein. The NCI does not intend to award a contract based on responses received nor otherwise pay for the preparation of any information submitted. Your responses to the information requested will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method, including whether a set-aside is possible. An organization that is not considered a small business under the applicable NAICS code should not submit a response to this notice.
NCI may issue a request for quotation (RFQ) as a result of this Sources Sought Notice. THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. However, should sucha requirement materialize, no basis for claims against NCI shall arise as a result of a response to this Sources Sought Notice or the NCI's use of such information as either part of our evaluation process or in developing specifications for any subsequent requirement.
The objective of this requirement is to acquire a brand nameor equal 5-position deck Mosquito HV Genomics Liquid Handling Instrument.
The following product features/characteristics are required for this requirement:
• The instrument must possess a multi-channel (8 or 16); true-positive displacement (piston based) pipetting technology using disposable tips to ensurezero cross-contamination between samples.
• The instrument must possess a pipetting volume range of 500 nL-5 μL with a dead-volume under 0.5 μL.
• The instrument must possess the capacity to accurately dispense sub-microlitre volumes of highly viscous liquids; such as 50% (w/v) glycerol at room temperature, as well as low viscosity solutions such as 95% Ethanol, withoutspecific settings or liquid classification.
• The instrument must possess the ability to sequentially aspirate multiple samples (without air gaps) followed by a single dispense.
• To prevent samples from drying due to nanoscale volumes, the instrument must accurately pipette reagents into a 384 well plate under 5 minutes. There is no down time (for tip washing or tip exchange) between plates.
• The instrument must possess plate deck capacity to house up to 5 plates to process multiple reagent plates at once.
• The instrument must accommodate a variety of commercially available, standard plate types, including 96-, 384- and 1536-well formats. Ability to aspirate from and dispense into, any standard SBS format plate from 96, 384 or 1536 wells. Any plate material, color and well shape are compatible for both source and destination plates.
• The instrument must possess the ability to do SPRI magnetic bead clean-up to prepare DNA samples for sequencing.
• The instrument must possess the ability to work at 4 °C: the instrument must be able to be placed in a cold room for temperature sensitive experiments.
DELIVERY / INSTALLATION
Delivery will be 6-8 weeks from the receipt of the purchase order award. Installation will be within 15 days of delivery.
Point of Contact: TBD
Delivery Location: TBD
Training shall be provided for up to 6 people on the day of the installation. The half-day operator training includes:
Howto set up instrument
Standard operation with a focus on protocol setting
The software overview covers input of plate type as well as how to write, save and reload protocols.
All information furnished must be in writing and must contain sufficient detail to allow the NCI to determine if it can meet the unique specifications described herein. All questions must be in writing and should be emailed to Ricky Watson, Contract Specialist at email@example.com. A determination by the Government not to compete this requirement based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement. In order to receive an award, contractors must have valid registration and certification in the System for Awards Management (SAM) at www.sam.gov. No collect calls will be accepted. Please reference number SBSS- N02CO82601-95
Disclaimer and Important Notes:
This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses received, an RFQ may be published. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation(s).
POINT OF CONTACT:
Inquiries concerning this Notice may be direct to:
9609 Medical Center Dr.
Bethesda, MD 20892-9705