FBO Notice Date 04/19/18
BIDS Reference Number 371
Document Type: Sources Sought
Construction Of Structures And Facilities
Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service, DHHS/IHS/ Division of Engineering Services-Seattle, 98104
Y -- Elwha Water System Looping SOL 18-102-SOL-00018 DUE 050218 POC Erik Lundstrom, Contract Specialist, Phone 2066152782, Email firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is a Request for Information (RFI) (SOURCES SOUGHT) as outlined in FAR 15.201(c) (3). The purpose of this RFI is to accomplish market research regarding the construction improvements of additional water main to loop sections of the Elwha Valley Water Systems on the Lower Elwha Indian Reservation Clallam County, Washington. Market Research is being performed pursuant to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10 to identify businesses capable of performing the functions described herein.
The system improvements are to insure that the water delivered to homes through the community water distribution system complies with the Total Coliform Rule (TCR) of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SWDA), and improves public health protection for the residents that consume water from the water system. This project is a cooperative effort between the Lower Elwha KlallamTribe (Tribe), the Indian Health Service (IHS), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Tribal Set Aside (TSA) provisions of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SWDA).
The Government is requesting information regardingthe availability of Small and Large Business Construction firms capable of performing the necessary construction work to complete this requirement. Interested small and large business firms who meet the capability requirements identified in this notice are requested to reply to this announcement with a response to thespecialized qualifications below. If no experience or capabilities are associated with a particular requirement, so indicate. Based upon the responses receivedfrom small businesses, consideration will be given to determine if this acquisition can be set-aside for small business competition.
The type of work to be performed will be construction under applicable NAICS code 237110, Waterand Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction. The small business size standard for this code is $36.5 million. The magnitude of this project in accordance with FAR 36.204(f) is between $100,000.00 and $250,000.00.
Scope ofWork: The water system improvements shall include:
1. Installation of approximately 1,349 lineal feet of 8" PVC C900 Class 200 Water Main with appurtenances.
2. Installation of approximately 1,915 lineal feet of 4" PVC C900 Class 200 Water Main with appurtenances.
3. Installation of Two (2) 8" Tees, each with Three (3) 8" Gate Valves on Existing Water Main
4. Installation of Three (3) 4" Tapping Sleeve with 4" Gate Valve on Existing 8" PVC C900 Water Main
5. Installation of six (6) Connections to Existing Water Main at 2" Gate Valve and 2" PVC Water Main
6. Installation of Three (3) 2" Gate Valves with Box
7. Installation of approximately 60 lineal feet of 16" Road Boring
8. Resurfacing disturbed Gravel and Asphalt Surfaces
9. Hydorseeding all disturbed areas.
This notice is issued solely for information andplanning purposes and does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a commitment on the part of the government to conduct a solicitation for the stated services in the future. Responders are advised that the government will not pay for information submitted in response to this RFI, nor will it compensate responders for any costs incurred in the development/furnishing of a response.
Please note that a decision not to submit a response to this RFI will not preclude a vendor from participating in any future solicitation.
Responses must be limited to five (5) letter-size pages or less, in Microsoft Word or Portable Document format (PDF), using Times New Roman 12-point font.
Include the following:
1. Cover letter/sheet that includes:
a. Your firm's Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number,
b. CAGE code (if applicable),
c. Company point of contact (POC) and
d. Socioeconomic status under North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code, Product Services Code (PSC), clearance level, and any other relevant/appropriate data.
2. General Business Information: Provide general information about your business, to include any relevant information to the instant requirement.
3. Experience: Provide specialized experience and technical competence in the type of work required.
4. Past Performance: Provide past performance on contracts with government agencies and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work and compliance with performance schedules.
5. Location: Provide geographical location of the office with respect to thearea of the
project and knowledge of the locality of the project, specifically addressing the rurality.
Restrictions on Response
Questions regarding this RFI shall be emailed to Erik Lundstrom, Contract Specialist at Erik.Lundstrom@ihs.gov. Telephone solicitations and questions will not be entertained.This sources sought is for informational and planning purposes ONLY and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for any information solicited. Since this is a sources sought announcement, no evaluation letters and/or results will be issued to the respondents.
How to Respond
Please submit your response no later than Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 3:00PM Pacific Time to Erik.Lundstrom@ihs.gov. Please enter "Elwha Water System Looping" into the email subject field.