The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has been tasked to solicit and award a contract for:
RPR Anechoic Chamber 40 Ton Hoist B1030. The basic scope entailsbut is not limited to the following: Design and build an up to 120-ton overheadcrane hoist to replace the existing 40-ton overhead crane hoist at the Benefield Anechoic Facility (BAF) within Edwards AFB. Contractor shall provide all labor, materials, equipment, and supervision to remove and replace the current centerhoist and provide the additional features/upgrades described below. When work is complete, Contractor shall provide labor, equipment, and certified weights to perform load test to meet requirements of 412th EWG standard for lifting devices. Additional work will include the reinforcement and/or modification of the existing structure to support new 120-ton hoist. The installation /electrical modification to power and control new 120-ton hoist. The assurance that the controls and monitoring system will provide the same or improved functionality as current design. Reseal and test all penetrations into the anechoic chamber to ensure RF integrity at frequencies and polarizations detailed by the government IAW MIL-STD-461. And lastly, provide a hardwired pendant with adequate cable length for operating hoists from the hangar floor. The pendant shall contain an emergency stop pushbutton that operates the mainline contactor. The pendant shall be capable of easily connecting and disconnecting without reprogramming ("plug-and-play").
The type of set-aside decision to be issued will depend upon the responses to this sources sought notice.
The purpose of this notice is to gather information of the qualifications and experience of the various members of the construction industry, including Large Business, Small Business concerns, Hubzone, 8(a), Women-owned, Economically Disadvantage Women-owned, and Service Disabled Veteran owned firms.
The Government is seeking to identify qualified sources either singularly oras part of an assembled team under North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 238120, Structural Steel and Precast Concrete Contractors, with asmall business size standard of $15,000,000.00.
In accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations subpart 36.204, the estimated construction price range for this project is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
The total contract performance period is: 210 days on-site/300 total.
Small Businesses are reminded that in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations, Contact Clause No. 52.219-14, "Limitations on Subcontracting" the concern must perform at least 25 % of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with their own employees for Construction by Special Trade Contractors.
Anticipated solicitation issuance date is on or about June 28, 2018. The official synopsis citing the solicitation number will be issued on Federal BusinessOpportunities, www.fbo.gov and inviting firms to register electronically to receive a copy of the solicitation when it is issued.
Minimum capabilities required include, previous experience of projects similar to magnitude and complexity.
Firm's response to this Synopsis shall be limited to 8 pages and shall include the following information:
1. Offerors' name, address, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
2. Business size/classification to include any designations as Small Business, Hubzone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, or 8(a) and NAICS code designations shall be indicated on first page of submission.
3. Bonding capability (construction bonding level per single contract and aggregate construction bonding level, both expressed in dollars; along with current available bonding capacity).
4. Description of capability to perform the proposed project. Manage subcontractors, prepare and comply with various environmental and construction permits (including California), and capacity to execute this project with other ongoing construction contracts.
5. Past performance/experience on projects of similar scope and magnitude, describing no more than three (3) projects that are complete or at least 50% construction complete and that ran concurrently within the past six years. The past performance information should include project title, location, general description to demonstrate relevance to the proposed project, the Offerors' role, dollarvalue of contract, and name of the company, agency or Government entity for which the work was performed with contact information (reference name, phone numberand e-mail address). Projects examples MUST range from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000. Lastly, one (1) project must have occurred on a military installation.
Responses should be submitted to Lucia A. Carvajal, Contract Specialist and Maricella A. Zamora, Contract Specialist, via US Mail or overnight courier to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Los Angeles District, Contracting Division, c/o Lucia Carvajal, Maricella Zamora, 915 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 930, Los Angeles, CA 90017. Electronic transmittal of your submittal is preferred to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Submittals are due no later than May 18th, 2018. Submittals will not be returned. Telephonic responses or email responses WILL NOT be honored. This is not a Request for Proposals, only a Request for Information. No award will result from this Sources Sought Notice. This notice does not constitute any commitment by the Government.