1) Tower2) Trailer subsystem3) Power subsystem4) Network equipment with a vendor supplied solution5) Network Communications data plan with a vendor supplied recommendation
ADDITIONALLY, VENDORS ARE REQUESTED TO PROVIDE A MORE DETAILED ROUGH ORDER OF MAGNITUDE (ROM) OR BUDGETARY ESTIMATE FOR THE WORK DESCRIBED IN THE DRAFT REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT.
This is a market survey for information and comments from industry that will aid in the formation of an acquisition strategy for a small number of Relocatable Surveillance System – Maritime (RSS-M) systems in support of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The draft system requirements are identified in the attached RSS-M requirements document. The responses to this market survey will be used for informational purposes only.This is not a screening information request or request for proposal of any kind. The FAA is not seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals. The FAA will not pay for any information received or costs incurred in preparing the response to the market survey. Therefore any cost associated with the market survey submissionis solely at the interested vendor’s expense.
At this time the nature of the competition has not been determined. The FAA maydecide to do a full and open competition or set aside all or part of the procurement for small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses or eligible socially and economically disadvantaged businesses that are certified bythe SBA for participation in the SBA's 8(a) Program.
The purpose of this market survey is to solicit statements of interest, capabilities, and rough orders of magnitude from all businesses that are interested in and capable of providing the required RSS-M system. This market survey is also being conducted in order to obtain the information necessary to determine whether adequate competition exists to set-aside the potential acquisition among smallbusinesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses or 8(a) certified firms.The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes and size standards for this effort:
NAICS Size Standard334290 750 Employees
The contractor will supply personnel and resources necessary to provide the RSS-M system in accordance with the attached draft requirements document.
Interested firms are required to submit a copy of their SBA 8(a) certification letter, if applicable.
The FAA requires the following (limited to 30 pages) from interested vendors inaccordance with the attached draft requirements document:
1. Capability Statement - This document should identify: - Type of supplies and services provided by your firm - Size and type of supplies/services provided by previous contracts (elaborate and provide detailed information and past performance) - Number of years in business
2. Clearly state whether or not you can provide all of the types of supplies and services listed in the draft requirements document.
3. Expected programmatic approach (in-house, teaming, subcontracting, etc.) - Respondents must provide their strategy for accomplishing this work, including the percentage of work that will be done by eligible small, service-disabled veteran-owned and 8(a) certified businesses.
4. Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) or budgetary estimate for the work described in the draft requirements document.
• Project Management• System Engineering• Technology selection (Sensor suite, communication subsystem, maintenance console, security sub-system)• Integration Effort with SMS/JPSC2• Functional Requirements Verification• Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) and System Acceptance Test (SAT)• Delivery of the CDRLs
5. ROM for pricing differences for the RSS-M initial delivery (first article) vs. potential additional RSS-M system deliveries.All responses to this market survey must be received by 4:00 p.m. CDT, 28 Jul 2018. The FAA prefers that all submittals, including attachments, be submitted electronically to the following:
If email is your method of submission, please include "MARKET SURVEY RESPONSE:RSS-M System” in the subject line of your email. Information provided will not be released but please mark PROPRIETARY on all documents submitted as necessary. If you cannot respond electronically, please send two copies by the indicateddeadline to:
Mail: Federal Aviation Administration Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center Attn: Bill White, AAQ-721 MPB Room 313 6500 S. MacArthur Blvd. Oklahoma City, OK 73169
Respondents are encouraged to review the attached documents and provide comments. If you are viewing this announcement through Fed Biz Ops (www.fbo.gov) the attachments may not be available/viewable to you. If so, please proceed to the FAA's Contract Opportunities Website at faaco.faa.gov to obtain the attachments.
If you're viewing this announcement from a source other than Federal Aviation Administration Contract Opportunities (FAACO), visit https://faaco.faa.gov/index.cfm/announcement/view/30495 toview the original announcement.