The Government intends to award a Firm-Fixed Price purchase order for Four (4) Brand Name or Equal Sonomed VuPad B-Scan/ A-Scan Systems for the Opthalmic Technician Program at the Medical Education and Training Campus (METC), Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The B-Scan/ A-Scan VuPad is a portable tablet with ultrasound capabilities. The items must meet the Salient Characteristics as described on the attached Statement of Need (SON) dated 21 May 2018.
RFQ No. FM301680890028 is issued as a Request for Quotes (RFQ).
This solicitation incorporates provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC), No. 2005-96, Effective: 6 November 2017.
The North American Industrial Classification Systems (NAICS) Code for this requirement is 334510 - Electromedical and Electrotherapeutic Apparatus Manufacturing with a Size Standard of 1,250 employees.
Offerors are to provide a quote for the requirements listed below. Quotes shall represent the total price for the following schedule. If a contract line item number (CLIN) is not separately priced (NSP), please annotate unite price as zero (0) and place "NSP_ in the total price column.
The following "Brand Name or Equal" item is being purchased. Total price shall include shipping and handling.
CLIN DESCRIPTION UNIT of ISSUE QTY COST PER UNIT
0001 Brand Name or Equal "Sonomed B-Scan/ A-Scan System Each 4
TOTAL PRICE $
Please provide the following information:
Name of Business Entity
Federal Tax ID#
Name of Contact
Phone No. #
Delivery: 30 Days After Date of Contract (ADC)
Medical Education and Training Campus (METC)
2220 Wheelright, Building 4194 Bay E
Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234
Primary Point of Contact:
Tonya L. Bowles
502d Contracting Squadron
395 B Street West, Suite 2, Bldg 224
JBSA-Randolph, TX 78150-4525
Alternate Point of Contact:
Gary D. Beck
502d Contracting Squadron
395 B Street West, Suite 2, Bldg 224
JBSA-Randolph, TX 78150-4525
The provision at FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition in addition to the following addendum:
Solicitation Questions: Questions shall be emailed to: Tonya L. Bowles, Contract Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and Gary D. Beck, Contracting Officer at email@example.com no later than 10:00 am Central Standard Time, 28 May 2018. Answers to all questions will be posted on FedBizOpps. Questions or discussions with other contractors and other government personnel may render a quote invalid.
Quote Requirements: Quotes should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and email@example.com no later than 10:00 am Central Standard Time, 4 June 2018. Quotes must include unit and extended prices as well as estimated delivery for all line items. The Offeror should provide Cage Code as well as applicable Discount Terms.
(End of Addendum to 52.212-1)
The provision at FAR 52.212-2 Evaluation - Commercial Items, applies to thisacquisition, in addition to the following Addendum to FAR 52.212-2. FAR 52.212-2(a) is tailored to read as follows:
(a) The Government will award a contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factor will be used to evaluate offers:
(1) The vendor shall meet all solicitation requirements.
Technicalcapability - Acceptable or not acceptable.
(2) PRICE (Total) - The total Firm-Fixed price shall include all items listed on schedule to include shipping to be eligible for consideration of award. The quote must accurately cover all items listed in the schedule.
(3) Basis of Award -- The Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) source selection process will be the basis for selectionof an awardee. Only those quotes determined to be technically acceptable will go forward to be evaluated on Price. Award will be made to the responsive offerorwhose offer represents the best value to the Government. Best value will resultfrom selection of the offer that meets or exceeds the requirements for non-costfactors and has the Lowest Total Price. To be eligible for award, a quotation must meet all technical requirements, conform to all required terms and conditions, and provide all information required. The Government intends to evaluate offers and award a contract without discussions with offerors. Therefore, the offeror's initial offer should contain the offeror's best terms from a price and technical standpoint. However, the Government reserves the right to conduct discussions if later determined by the Contracting Officer to be necessary. The Government may reject any or all offers if such action is in the public interest; accept other than the lowest offer; and waive informalities and minor irregularities inoffers received.
(b) A written notice of award or acceptance of an offer,mailed or otherwise furnished to the successful offeror within the time for acceptance specified in the offer, shall result in a binding contract without further action by either party. Before the offer's specified expiration time, the Government may accept an offer (or part of an offer), whether or not there are negotiations after its receipt, unless a written notice of withdrawal is received before award.
(End of Addendum to 52.212-2)
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES MUST BE REGISTERED IN THE SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT(SAM) DATABASE If you are not registered, you may request an application at (866) 606-8220 or through the SAMs website at http://www.sam.gov.
The following provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and can be viewed through internet access at the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Site, http://farsite.hill.af.mil
FAR 52.204-7 System for Award Management
FAR 52.204-10 Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards
FAR 52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance
FAR 52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting
FAR 52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance
FAR 52.204-19 Incorporation by Reference of Representations and Certifications
FAR 52.209-6 Protecting the Government Interest When Subcontracting with Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment
FAR 52.209-10 Prohibition on Contracting With Inverted Domestic Corporations
FAR 52.211-6 Brand Name or Equal
FAR 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items
FAR 52.222-3 Convict Labor
FAR 52.222-19 Child Labor-Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies
FAR 52.223-6 Drug Free Workplace
FAR 52.223-18 Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving
FAR 52.225-1 Buy American - Supplies
FAR 52.225-13 Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchases
FAR 52.225-18 Place of Manufacture
FAR 52.232-11 Extras
FAR 52.232-33 Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer-System for Award Management
FAR 52.233-3 Protest after Award
FAR 52.233-4 Applicable Law for Breach of Contract Claim
FAR 52.247-34 F.O.B. Destination
FAR 52.253-1 Computer Generated Forms
DFARS 252.203-7000 Requirement Relating to Compensation of Former DOD Officials
DFARS 252.203-7002 Requirement to Inform Employees of Whistleblower Rights
DFARS 252.203-7005 Representation Relating to Compensation of Former DoD Officials
DFARS 252.204-7004 System for Award Management, Alt A
DFARS 252.204-7008 Compliance with Safeguarding Covered Defense Information Controls
DFARS 252.204-7009 Limitations on the Use or disclosure of Third-Party contractor Reporting Cyber Incident Information
DFARS 252.204-7012 Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting
DFARS252.204-7015 Disclosure of Information to Litigation Support Contractors
DFARS 252.211-7003 Item Unique Identification and Valuation
DFARS 252.225-7048 Export Controlled Items
DFARS 252.232-7010 Levies on Contract Payments
DFARS 252.244-7000 Subcontracts for Commercial Items
DFARS 252.247-7023 Transportation of Supplies by Sea-Baxoc
ADDENDUM TO FAR 52.212-4(c), Contract Terms and Conditions - May 2015 Commercial Items
Reference FAR 52.212-4, Paragraph (c) is hereby tailored as follows:
(c) Changes. Changes in the terms and conditions of this contract may be made only by written agreement of the parties with the exception of administrative changes such as paying office, appropriation data, etc., which may be changed unilaterally by the Government.
(End of Addendum to 52.212-4(c))
FAR 52.212-5 CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS REQUIRED TO IMPLEMENT STATUTES OREXECUTIVE ORDERS--COMMERCIAL ITEMS (Nov 2017)
a) Comptroller General Examination of Record. The Contractor shall comply with the provisions of this paragraph (a) if this contract was awarded using other than sealed bid, is in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold, and does not contain the clause at 52.215-2, Audit and Records -- Negotiation.
(1) The Comptroller General of theUnited States, or an authorized representative of the Comptroller General, shall have access to and right to examine any of the Contractor's directly pertinentrecords involving transactions related to this contract.
(2) The Contractor shall make available at its offices at all reasonable times the records, materials, and other evidence for examination, audit, or reproduction, until 3 yearsafter final payment under this contract or for any shorter period specified in FAR Subpart 4.7, Contractor Records Retention, of the other clauses of this contract. If this contract is completely or partially terminated, the records relating to the work terminated shall be made available for 3 years after any resulting final termination settlement. Records relating to appeals under the disputes clause or to litigation or the settlement of claims arising under or relating to this contract shall be made available until such appeals, litigation, or claims are finally resolved.
(3) As used in this clause, records include books, documents, accounting procedures and practices, and other data, regardless of type and regardless of form. This does not require the Contractor to create or maintain any record that the Contractor does not maintain in the ordinary course of business or pursuant to a provision of law.
(1) Notwithstanding the requirements of any other clause in this contract, the Contractor is not required to flow down any FAR clause, other than those in this paragraph (b)(1) in a subcontract for commercial items. Unless otherwise indicated below, the extentof the flow down shall be as required by the clause-
(i) 52.203-13, Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct (Oct 2015) (41 U.S.C. 3509).
(ii) 52.219-8, Utilization of Small Business Concerns (Oct 2014) (15 U.S.C. 637(d)(2) and (3)), in all subcontracts that offer further subcontracting opportunities. If the subcontract (except subcontracts to small business concerns) exceeds $650,000 ($1.5 million for construction of any public facility), the subcontractormust include 52.219-8 in lower tier subcontracts that offer subcontracting opportunities.
(iii) 52.222-17, Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers (May 2014) (E.O. 13495). Flow down required in accordance with paragraph (1) of FAR clause 52.222-17.
(iv) 52.222-21, Prohibition of Segregated Facilities (Apr 2015).
(v) 52.222-26, Equal Opportunity (Sep 2016) (E.O. 11246).
(vi) 52.222-35, Equal Opportunity for Veterans (Oct 2015) (38 U.S.C. 4212).
(vii) 52.222-36, Equal Opportunity for Workers with Disabilities (Jul 2014) (29 U.S.C. 793).
(viii) 52.222-37, Employment Reports on Veterans (Feb 2016) (38 U.S.C. 4212).
(ix) 52.222-40, Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act (Dec 2010) (E.O. 13496). Flow down required in accordance with paragraph (f) of FAR clause 52.222-40.
(x) 52.222-41, Service Contract Labor Standards (May 2014), (41 U.S.C. chapter 67).
(xi) ___ (A) 52.222-50, Combating Trafficking in Persons (Mar 2015) (22 U.S.C. chapter 78 and E.O. 13627).
___ (B) Alternate I (Mar 2015) of 52.222-50 (22 U.S.C. chapter 78 E.O. 13627).
(xii) 52.222-51, Exemption from Application of the ServiceContract Labor Standards to Contracts for Maintenance, Calibration, or Repair of Certain Equipment--Requirements (May 2014) (41 U.S.C. chapter 67.)
(xiii) 52.222-53, Exemption from Application of the Service Contract Labor Standards to Contracts for Certain Services--Requirements (May 2014) (41 U.S.C. chapter 67)
(xiv) 52.222-54, Employment Eligibility Verification (Oct 2015).
(xv) 52.222-55, Minimum Wages Under Executive Order 13658 (Dec 2015) (E.O. 13658).
(xvi) 52.222-59, Compliance with Labor Laws (Executive Order 13673) (Oct2016) (Applies at $50 million for solicitations and resultant contracts issued from October 25, 2016 through April 24, 2017; applies at $500,000 for solicitations and resultant contracts issued after April 24, 2017).
(xvii) 52.222-60, Paycheck Transparency (Executive Order 13673) (Oct 2016). (xviii) 52.225-26, Contractors Performing Private Security Functions Outside the United States (Jul 2013) (Section 862, as amended, of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008; 10 U.S.C. 2302 Note).
(xix) 52.226-6, Promoting Excess Food Donation to Nonprofit Organizations. (May 2014) (42 U.S.C. 1792). Flow down required in accordance with paragraph (e) of FAR clause 52.226-6.
(xx) 52.247-64, Preference for Privately-Owned U.S. Flag Commercial Vessels (Feb 2006) (46U.S.C. Appx 1241(b) and 10 U.S.C. 2631). Flow down required in accordance with paragraph (d) of FAR clause 52.247-64.
(2) While not required, the contractor may include in its subcontracts for commercial items a minimal number of additional clauses necessary to satisfy its contractual obligations.
(End of Clause)
FAR 52.252-1 --Solicitation Provisions Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998)
This solicitation incorporates one or more solicitation provisions by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. The offeror is cautioned that the listed provisions may include blocks that must be completed by the offeror and submitted with its quotation or offer. In lieu of submitting the full text of those provisions, the offeror may identify the provision by paragraph identifier and provide the appropriate information with its quotation or offer. Also, the full text of a solicitation provision may be accessed electronically at this/these address(es): http://farsite.hill.af.mil/vffara.htm
(End of Provision)
FAR 52.252-2 Clauses Incorporated By Reference (Feb 1998)
This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at this address:
(End of Clause)
FAR 52.252-5 -- Authorized Deviations in Provisions (Apr 1984)
(a) Theuse in this solicitation of any Federal Acquisition Regulation (48 CFR Chapter 1) provision with an authorized deviation is indicated by the addition of "(DEVIATION)" after the date of the provision.
(b) The use in this solicitation of any Defense Acquisition Regulations Supplement (48 CFR Chapter 2) provision with an authorized deviation is indicated by the addition of "(DEVIATION)" after the name of the regulation.
(End of Provision)
FAR 52.252-6 -- Authorized Deviations in Clauses (Apr 1984)
(a) The use in this solicitation or contract of any Federal Acquisition Regulation (48 CFRChapter 1) clause with an authorized deviation is indicated by the addition of "(DEVIATION)" after the date of the clause.
(b) The use in this solicitation or contract of any Defense Acquisition Regulations Supplement (48 CFR Chapter2) clause with an authorized deviation is indicated by the addition of "(DEVIATION)" after the name of the regulation.
(End of Clause)
DFARS 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests & Receiving Reports (Jun 2012)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause-
(1) "Contract financing payment" and "invoice payment" have the meanings given in section 32.001 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(2) "Electronic form" means any automated system that transmits information electronically from the initiating system to all affected systems. Facsimile, e-mail, and scanned documents are not acceptable electronic forms for submission of payment requests. However, scanned documents are acceptable when they are part of a submission of a paymentrequest made using Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) or another electronic form authorized by the Contracting Officer.
(3) "Payment request" means any request for contract financing payment or invoice payment submitted by the Contractor under this contract.
(4) "Receiving report" means the data required by the clause at 252.246-7000, Material Inspection and Receiving Report.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this clause, the Contractor shall submit paymentrequests and receiving reports using WAWF, in one of the following electronic formats that WAWF accepts: Electronic Data Interchange, Secure File Transfer Protocol, or World Wide Web input. Information regarding WAWF is available on the Internet at https://wawf.eb.mil/.
(c) The Contractor may submit a payment request and receiving report using other than WAWF only when-
(1) The Contracting Officer administering the contract for payment has determined, in writing,that electronic submission would be unduly burdensome to the Contractor. In such cases, the Contractor shall include a copy of the Contracting Officer's determination with each request for payment;
(2) DoD makes payment for commercial transportation services provided under a Government rate tender or a contract for transportation services using a DoD-approved electronic third party payment system or other exempted vendor payment/invoicing system (e.g., PowerTrack, Transportation Financial Management System, and Cargo and Billing System);
(3)DoD makes payment for rendered health care services using the TRICARE EncounterData System (TEDS) as the electronic format; or
(4) When the Government wide commercial purchase card is used as the method of payment, only submission of the receiving report in electronic form is required.
(d) The Contractor shall submit any non-electronic payment requests using the method or methods specified in Section G of the contract.
(e) In addition to the requirements of this clause, the Contractor shall meet the requirements of the appropriate payment clauses in this contract when submitting payment requests.
(End of clause)
DFARS 252.232-7006 Wide Area WorkFlow Payment Instructions (May 2013)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause-
"Department of Defense Activity Address Code (DoDAAC)" is a six position code that uniquely identifies a unit, activity, or organization.
"Document type" means the type of payment requestor receiving report available for creation in Wide Area WorkFlow (WAWF).
"Local processing office (LPO)" is the office responsible for payment certification when payment certification is done external to the entitlement system.
(b) Electronic invoicing. The WAWF system is the method to electronically process vendor payment requests and receiving reports, as authorized by DFARS 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests and Receiving Reports.
(c) WAWF access. To access WAWF, the Contractor shall-
(1) Have a designatedelectronic business point of contact in the System for Award Management at https://www.acquisition.gov; and
(2) Be registered to use WAWF at https://wawf.eb.mil/ following the step-by-step procedures for self-registration available at this web site.
(d) WAWF training. The Contractor should follow the training instructions of the WAWF Web-Based Training Course and use the Practice Training Site before submitting payment requests through WAWF. Both can be accessed by selecting the "Web Based Training" link on the WAWF home page at https://wawf.eb.mil/
(e) WAWF methods of document submission. Document submissions maybe via web entry, Electronic Data Interchange, or File Transfer Protocol.
(f) WAWF payment instructions. The Contractor must use the following information when submitting payment requests and receiving reports in WAWF for this contract/order:
(1) Document type. The Contractor shall use the following document type(s).
Invoice as Combo (Supplies)
(2) Inspection/acceptance location. The Contractor shall select the following inspection/acceptance location(s) in WAWF, as specified by the contracting officer.
(3) Document routing. The Contractor shall use the information in the Routing Data Table below only to fill in applicable fields in WAWF when creating payment requests and receiving reports in the system.
Routing Data Table* Field Name in WAWF Data to be entered in WAWF
Pay Official DoDAAC F87700
Issue By DoDAAC FA3016
Admin DoDAAC FA3016
Inspect By DoDAAC FM3016
Ship To Code FM3016
Ship From Code N/A
Mark For Code N/A
Service Approver (DoDAAC) N/A
Service Acceptor(DoDAAC) N/A
Accept at Other DoDAAC N/A
LPO DoDAAC N/A
DCAA Auditor DoDAAC N/A
Other DoDAAC(s) N/A
(4) Payment request and supporting documentation. The Contractor shall ensure a payment request includes appropriate contract line item and subline item descriptions ofthe work performed or supplies delivered, unit price/cost per unit, fee (if applicable), and all relevant back-up documentation, as defined in DFARS Appendix F, (e.g. timesheets) in support of each payment request.
(5) WAWF email notifications. The Contractor shall enter the email address identified below in the "Send Additional Email Notifications" field of WAWF once a document is submittedin the system.
(g) WAWF point of contact. (1) The Contractor may obtain clarification regarding invoicing in WAWF from the following contracting activity's WAWF point of contact.
(2) For technical WAWF help, contact the WAWF helpdesk at 866-618-5988.
(End of clause)
STATEMENT OF NEED
21 May 2018
The purchase of Four (4) Sonomed VuPad B-Scan / A-scan System is needed at the Medical Education and Training Campus located at Ft Sam Houston. This equipment will be used for the Ophthalmic Technician Course to provide training to the students on the equipment they will be using during their clinical rotation and permanent duty stations.
These machines will replace three existing units that we currently have on hand that are past their life expectancy.
The Sonomed B-Scan/ A-Scan Vu-Pad is a portable tablet with ultrasound capabilities. It is the traditional ultrasound device used for eyes in the operational clinics. The four requested units would be a tremendous asset to the Medical Educational & Training Campus in regards to providing the students with more up to date equipment that is being used in the operational clinics. These units will save instructional time in the classroom and practice labs by eliminating the need for 24 students to share and rotate between two units. The four requested units would replace 2 Sonomed A/B 5500+ that are currently on the Ophthalmic Technician Program hand receipt.
3. Minimum Requirements / Specifications/ Salient Characteristics:
This unit must possess the standard equipment suchas 10 MHz or 12 MHz probes with focused transducers, standard or automatic capture, 256 ray scan, Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, Windows compatible printer, and lens calculations in 0.25 increments with built in 1600+ lens database.
Nomenclature: Sonomed B-Scan/ A-Scan System
Model No: BA.580 or equal
Performance/Operating Conditions: The Sonomed A/B-Scan Vu-Pad is a portable tablet that delivers exceptional image quality in a wide range of applications, featuring both A scan and B scan operations. The high-resolution multi-touch screen is 25% larger than other portable ultrasound devices and allows one to record video and capture crisp images, frame by frame. One may choose from the following configurations: UBM, B-Scan, A-Scan, A/B Scan, or A/B Scan/UBM..
VuPad B-Scan/ A-Scan System Characteristics:
- 10 MHz or 12 MHz probes with focused transducers
- Standard or automatic capture
- 256 ray scan
- Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
- Windows compatible printer
- Minimum of lens calculations in 0.25 increments with built in 1600+_ lens database
- One click selection of axial or longitudinal scan clock position with eye model confirmation
- Free-form text for scan position details that automatically annotate onto images and video clips
- Separately save any number of individual frames from video clips as images, complete with annotation(s)
- Full scale patient database with examrecord storage
- Create and save individual user profiles with user-selectable defaults
- Detailed customizable exam reports for printing or exporting
- 128 GB SSD (solid-state drive)
- Must have dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Must have Ethernet LAN and USB 3.0 ports
- One touch export images (.jpg), video clips (.avi), and exam reports (.pdf) for referral, presentation, or EMR
- 12 MHz B-Probe (p/n B101-9 or equal)
- Multi-Probe Cable (p/n SH106 or equal)
- USB Foot Pedal (p/n SH124-1 or equal)
- VuPad User Manual (p/n 5575-1901-1 or equal)
- 4KV Standard A-Probe (p/n A104-1 or equal)
- VuPad Medical-Grade Power Supply; 12V 2.5A (p/n PS01-0010-44 or equal)
- 2 Prong, 60Hz (p/n CA20-1802-42 or equal)
- 4KV Standard A-Probe (p/n 5575-1403-2 or equal)
Approximate Dimensions: Compact and streamlined design with 10.1" high-resolution multi-touch monitor (1280 X 800 px)
Electrical Specs: 100-240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz auto-switching medical-grade powersupply
Power Consumption: 150VA
4. DELIVERY TERMS: Delivery shall be FOB DESTINATION at 2220 Wheelright, Bldg 4194 Bay E, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234 and be completed in accordance with themanufacturer's commercial schedule, but not later than four (4) weeks from dateof award.
5. TRAINING: N/A
6) DOCUMENTATION: The contractor shall provide one (1) copy of operating manual VuPad B-scan/ A-scan System to include schematics, operation and maintenanceand any other applicable manuals for system. Documentation shall be provided inEnglish in hard copy and/or on CD/DVD ROM.
7) INSTALLATION: N/A
8) MAINTENANCE SERVICE: N/A
9) WARRANTY: The contractor shall warrant the entire system for a period of at least one year.
10) INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE: N/A
SET-ASIDE: Total Small Business