2. The Benin power program consists of four (4) projects: (i) Policy Reform and Institutional Strengthening Project; (ii) Electricity Generation Project; (iii) Electricity Distribution Project; and (iv) Off-grid Electricity Access Project. MCC's assistance will be provided in a manner that responds to constraints to economic growth by aiming to improve the reliability and quality of power in Benin. The Compact Program will be executed over a period of five (5) years upon Entry into Force (EIF) of the Compact. The Power Compact of Benin entered into force on June 22, 2017.
3. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the Compact General Procurement Notice N°1 that appeared in dgMarket on October 16, 2017, UNDB Online on October 17, 2017, the MCA Entity website www.mcabenin2.bj on October 18, 2017, and local newspaper "la Nation" on October 19, 2017 and "le Matinal" on October 23, 2017.
4. MCA-Benin II, acting on behalf of the Government of Benin, now invites Bidders to provide the best offer for information system for the National Dispatch and Control Center (NDCC). More details on these goods and related servicesare provided in the Purchaser's Requirements.
5. The Invitation for Bids (IFB) is open to all eligible entities ("Bidders") who wish to respond.
6. The procurement comprises of:
• A Base Contract that covers the main national dispatch center, SCADA system, master station equipment, application software, telecommunication system, substation upgrades and training.
• Option 1 (if the Purchaser exercises this option) will cover thebackup dispatch center.
• Option 2 (if the Purchaser exercises this option) will cover system maintenance and technical support.
• Option 3 (if Purchaser exercises this option) will cover nine (9) individual optionsthat could be exercised separately from each other.
• Option 4 (if Purchaser exercises this option) will cover additional substations to be integrated in the SCADA/DMS.
7. A Bidder will be selected under the Competitive Bidding (CB) procedures as described in the sections of the Bidding Document accompanying this Invitation for Bids. Bidders are advised that these procedures are governed by MCC Program Procurement Guidelines (PPG") which can be found on the MCC website: www.mcc.gov. Although these procedures are similar to those set out in the World Bank Standard Bidding Documents for Procurement of Information Systems, there are several significant differences and firms are advised to review these instructions carefully.
8. The complete Bidding Document including the Letter of Invitation, thePurchaser's Requirements and the drawings will be made available to the interested Bidders after registration, via electronic download from MCA-Benin II website. Additionally, following registration, the same complete set of Bidding Document on a CD may be obtained from the offices of the Millennium Challenge Account - Benin II, at the address specified below
9. The Bidding Document includes the following Sections: Section I: Instructions to Bidders: This section provides information to help potential Bidders prepare their Bids; it also provides information on the submission, opening and evaluation of Bids and on the award of the proposed contract; Section II: Bid Data Sheet: This section includes provisions that are specific to this procurement and that supplement Section I, Instructions to Bidders; Section III: Bid Review, Evaluation Criteria, and Bidder Qualification Requirements: This section specifies the qualifications required of the Supplier and the criteria to be used to evaluate the Bid; Section IV: Bidding Forms: This section provides the Forms which are to be completed by a potential Bidder and submitted as part of a potential Bidder's total Bid; Section V: General Conditions of Contract ("GCC"): Thissection contains the form of Contract proposed to be entered into between the MCA Entity and Supplier; Section VI: Particular Conditions of Contract ("PCC") and Annexes to Contract: This section contains the form of those clauses of the Contract that supplement the GCC and that are to be completed by MCA Entities for each procurement of Information Systems. This section also includes Annexes to the Contract; Section VII: Purchaser's Requirements: This Section includes the detailed requirements that describe the nature of the system and related servicesto be procured.
10. Bidders interested in submitting a Bid should register their interestby sending an e-mail, giving full contact details of the Bidder, to the Procurement Agent through email@example.com and must be copied to firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to download the full IFB dossier in PDF format will be communicated by e-mail.
11. A Site Visit and a Pre-Bid meeting will be held as described in the Bid Data Sheet ("BDS"), Section II of the Bidding Document. Attendance is strongly advised for all interested Bidders or their representatives but not mandatory.
12. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the form and amountspecified in BDS.
13. The closing date and time for receipt of Bids is February 14, 2018 at10:00 a.m. (Benin time). Bids received after this time and date shall not be considered and will be returned unopened at the written request and cost of the Bidder. Please note that electronic Bids will not be accepted. Bidders should be aware that distance and customs formalities may require longer than expected delivery time.
MCA-Benin II Address:
Millennium Challenge Account - Bénin II (MCA-Benin II),
ImmeubleKougblénou, 3ème étage,
Domaine de l'OCBN, Derrière la Compagnie Territoriale de Gendarmerie du Littoral
Attention: Procurement Agent,
Email: email@example.com and must be copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Specific Procurement Notice, please visit: https://mcc.dgmarket.com/tender/17757443
DISCLAIMER: THIS NOTICE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. FOR UPDATES ON THIS SOLICITATION, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FULL ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE LINK PROVIDED. THIS
PROCUREMENT IS NOT CONDUCTED UNDER THE FEDERAL ACQUISITION REGULATIONS, ISNOT ADMINISTERED BY THE US GOVERNMENT, AND THE RESULTING AWARD WILL BE MADE BY THE
COUNTRY INDICATED IN THE FULL ANNOUNCEMENT.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PROCUREMENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON NAMED INTHE FULL ANNOUNCEMENT.