The solicitation number is N00189-18-Q-0044. This solicitation documents and incorporates provisions and clauses in effect through FAC 2005-94 (effective 19 Jan 2017) and DFARS Publication Notice 20161222 (effective 22 Dec 2016). It is the responsibility of the contractor to be familiar with the applicableclauses and provisions. The clauses may be accessed in full text at these addresses: https://www.acquisition.gov/far/ and http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfarspgi/current/index.html.
The NAICS code is 333912 and the Small Business Standard is 1000. The proposedcontract action is for services for which the Government intends to solicit andnegotiate a Firm-Fixed-Price contract. This requirement is set aside for Small Businesses only. Only Small Businesses are eligible for this requirement. Interested persons may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement or submit proposals. This notice of intent is a request for competitive proposals. All bids, proposals, or quotations received by the closing response date will be considered by the Government.
The Naval Supply Systems Command Fleet Logistics Center Norfolk requests responses from qualified sources capable of the purchase and installation of an Air Compressor. For complete details of work requested, please refer to attached Performance Work Statement (PWS).
In order to be eligible for award, firms must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM). Offerors may obtain information on registration in SAM by calling 866-606-8220, or via the Internet at https://www.sam.gov .
All quotes shall include price(s), FOB Destination, a point of contact, name and phone number, GSA contract number if applicable, business size, and payment terms. Each response must clearly indicate the capability of the quoter to meet all specifications and requirements listed within the Statement of Work.
* A SITE VISIT is scheduled for 20 December 2017 at 10:00 AM (EST). Interested Vendors will meet with MARMC’s representative and the Contract Specialist at the pass and ID office off of Gate 5 at Naval Station Norfolk. Vendors who do notcontact the Contract Specialist via email prior to the site visit will not be eligible to attend.
All vendors interested in attending the site visit must contact Contract Specialist Rachel Karkane by email at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 9 AM (EST)15 December 2017 and provide the following information:
1. Name, Phone Number and Email Address2. Company Name
The proposed contract will be performed from 12 January 2017 through 28 February 2018.
Please review the following applicable attachments –
- Performance Work Statement (PWS)- Wage Determination No. 2015-4341 Rev. 6- Amendment 1 – Site Visit Date and Extension of the Solicitation Date
This announcement will close 29 December 2017, no later than 12:00 p.m. EST with an anticipated award date by 11 January 2017. Questions and responses regarding this synopsis/solicitation may be submitted by e-mail to Rachel.email@example.com prior to the RFQ closing. Email should reference Synopsis/Solicitation Number: N00189-18-Q-0044 in the subject line.
Oral communications are not acceptable in response to this notice. All responsible sources may submit a quote which shall be considered by the agency.
Amendment 1 –Official Notice of Site Visit, Extension of Solicitation and Questions and Answers 13 December 2017
1. * A SITE VISIT is scheduled for 20 December 2017 at 10:00 AM (EST). Interested Vendors will meet with MARMC’s representative and the Contract Specialistat the pass and ID office off of Gate 5 at Naval Station Norfolk. Vendors who do not contact the Contract Specialist, Rachel Karkane, via email at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 9 AM (EST) 15 December 2017 and provide their Name andcompany name prior to the site visit will not be eligible to attend.
2. Due to the necessity of a site visit, the closing date for this solicitation will be extended to 29 December 2017, no later than 12:00 p.m. EST with an anticipated award date by 11 January 2017. Questions and responses regarding this synopsis/solicitation may be submitted by e-mail to Rachel.email@example.com prior to the RFQ closing.
3. Questions and Answers:
Question 1: The solicitation calls for the installation of approximately 220’of distribution piping and associated hardware. Do you have any details with respect to this part? Height of piping above the finished floor? Will scissor lifts be required? Any additional information with regards to the distribution piping will be helpful in providing an accurate installation price.
Answer to Question 1: MARMC is requiring the vendor to target all the piping (approximately 220 feet of 3 1/2 piping) supplying all the necessary fittings, unions, couplings, cut off valves and /or bypass valves, to hook up the two each compressors in series. Secure the compressors to the floor, and support the piping as needed to reduce vibration with brackets, etc. The compressors electronics are programmed and work as required. Provide onsite training, testing and troubleshooting and correct all areas which are not functioning properly. The height of the piping is between two feet and six feet above the concrete floor. I dont think a scissor liftwould be needed, an eight foot step ladder should be sufficient. There are several components involved in the air compressor system, such as the storage tank, dryer and water / oil air separator, etc. making it necessary to have all the aforementioned piping installed correctly.
SET-ASIDE: Total Small Business